RC poster

Mercedes G500 and 6x6 headlights not working.

I don't know if this has already been asked and/or answered yet. Issue I'm having is both G500 and 6x6 are having same issues. Background, I installed hobbywing axe system in both and wired power wires for lights the same for both. This worked in my blazer and did the same wiring and works great, but not the Mercedes. So all lights work accept headlights and roof lights and can't figure out why. Maybe someone on there forum can figure it out. Here is my wiring in pics (sorry can't add pics phone won't allow it).

Power module wiring to esc, is now wired to receiver v/t.
    Red power module wired as usual to batt on receiver.
    Last edited by Alwyzl8t; 10-03-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Trying to add pics.

RC Enthusiast
    Hiya
    Not enough voltage i would say.
    Normally with an AXE i wire the red esc light kit lead into the fan port on AXE

Quote Originally Posted by Richard@JP View Post
    Hiya
    Not enough voltage i would say.
    Normally with an AXE i wire the red esc light kit lead into the fan port on AXE
    Luckily never had an issue with my TRX6's lighting.

What voltage do you have the BEC set to, it might actually be too much voltage if you have it set for something north of 6VDC. But, if you have it set to 5VDC, then it could be like Richard said, the voltage set too low.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

The way I did it was to wire the power module (the black box) to the ESC's battery input, I soldered on a JST plug to the positive and negative wires, and connected that JST to the power module, which powers the lights, and the red wire is connected to the receiver.

I don't think there's enough voltage in the receiver to run the power module.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.