E-revo Drive Cup

Ok, so I recently bought the E-revo 2.0 Limited and I have to say it is the most powerful RC I've ever driven nevertheless owned. Though with this power comes some unintended consequences. For example, I recently noticed that my drive cups (rear only) have started to get really worn out. Like I said, the car is fairly new and only has roughly 8 hours of drive time in it. I've been looking at these as they are the only actual CV joints I've seen for the E-revo (all other ones are just U joints in disguise). I want the axle to be light so it won't put a lot of stress on the drive train. Do you guys have any good Ideas? What do you use?

http://www.tvrrc.com/shop/shop.html

The drive cups get chowdered no matter what you do. In my experience, And with the cost of them I don't bother with it

When I check diffs. I'll swap the drive cups from right to left and then eventually put the rears to the front.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ok, Thanks for the advice. Do you think that the wear causes extra friction? I spray a WD40 dry lube formula on them basically every time I run to hopefully eliminate extra friction as my motor doesn't have a cooling fan or anything on it right now and it gets pretty hot to the touch. I always seem to have squeaking coming from the drive cups after about an hour of driving no matter what though.

Got a feeling the ones your linked to are for the v1 brushless revo. Also, they still have a dog bone on the end your trying to minimize wear on, so it likely wouldn't help anyway.

I did what Acidic01 does. I switch the left/right ones as they wear and get a new pair on order for when they are notched badly and need replaced. Been running mine for a year on 6S with the same set of cups on it. I got it used, so I did flip them once, just not sure when. I haven't replaced any of them with new cups yet though.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

The ones on the link I posted do use the cups but they are a better grade of stainless steel which should resist torture more. To be honest I was really interested in the fact that they were propper miniaturised CV joints which typically have way better properties over U joints.

The noise may be from the a arm hinge pins they make a sqeek for me. Dry lube those and your pivot balls

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk