RC poster

Need help with model identification!

Ok....I got this model from a customer of mine who got tired of looking at it, lol. It looks like maybe a Tmaxx or other. I can't find a model number anywhere and all I have is the serial number on the bottom of the chassis....B0713537. It is desperate need of some TLC and a obviously some new parts, if they're even available. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

RC poster
    Ok....I've established that it's a T-Maxx. It has the black coverings over the receiver and battery box, not the gray like the newer ones. It's a nitro engine but not sure which one. The exhaust pipe runs lengthwise along the side of the chassis like the new one, but the exit port points down through a cutout in the chassis, not out to the side like the new one. Need help figuring out if parts are available and if newer parts are compatible with this older model.

RC Qualifier
    Do you think you could post a picture of the vehicle in question?

RC poster
    I'd love to, but it says I can't add attachments. Is that because I'm a new member?

As I recall the maxx trucks haven't changed a lot over the years the biggest change has been the longer chassis, upgraded driveshafts and prop shafts, and maybe knuckles. Otherwise its pretty much the same truck. The maxx part of the forums should have plenty of pictures and descriptions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC poster
    Well after looking around, I found that it is the 4910 model. I just can't seem to find the current engine to replace. I'm hoping it will accept the newer 2.5 engine. It definitely needs a new air filter and housing. It has a 72mhz radio system because I found the channel crystal in it, lol. Definitely hoping a 2.4ghz system will fit. Might as well get a new starter motor too. Something tells me I'm gonna end up rebuilding this thing fir way more than it's worth.

RC Racer
    4910 should have the 2.5 engine already. Unless it was used a lot the starter motor is probably ok. Spray it out with motor spray or electronics cleaners and oil the bushings, will probably work great. Your transmission should also have reverse, should be a 3rd servo connected to a bar coming out of the transmission unless he installed a forward only conversion (FOC). Like someone said before, you'll probably get more input if you move to the Maxx Nitro Trucks section.

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry11 View Post
    Well after looking around, I found that it is the 4910 model. I just can't seem to find the current engine to replace. I'm hoping it will accept the newer 2.5 engine. It definitely needs a new air filter and housing. It has a 72mhz radio system because I found the channel crystal in it, lol. Definitely hoping a 2.4ghz system will fit. Might as well get a new starter motor too. Something tells me I'm gonna end up rebuilding this thing fir way more than it's worth.
    If the engine exhaust port is on the side of the engine you probably need part number 4007. If the exhaust port is on the rear of the engine then 5207R or 5407 should work. Either way, Traxxas offers trade in programs for these engines so you can get replacements (or upgrades) for a reduced price.

If you have the side exhaust engine (Pro .15) and want to go to the 2.5 or 3.3 then you need conversion kit 4900 for a T-Maxx. The starting system is also different, you'll need 5270R unless you want to try the pull start, which can be tough. If upgrading to the 3.3 I would also suggest 5351X for the transmission, the Revo-spec slipper is nice to have with the more powerful engine.

You can trade in an older Traxxas AM radio system (long metal antenna on transmitter) for a Power Up to the 6509R or 6507R. If you want to use reverse or have the Bluetooth module to connect with the Traxxas Link App then your best bet is 6507R.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.