RC poster

Question Just got a new to us 1/16th Summit

So I seen an ad with a nice looking Summit for $70, messaged the guy and went and bought it. Thing is in really good shape, the guy said he cannot stop it from breaking axles. So I come home and search the forum, seems like this has been a problem for a while. I looked at the part number of the spare shafts he gave me and they are the MERV shafts. I haven't ran the truck yet but wondered if this is still the go to fix for these things?

Also if we are running on a mix of pavement, dirt and grass should I change the diff fluid? I am pretty new to this but assumed maybe a lighter fluid would allow for more slippage (is the higher number fluid lighter?) in the diff so it wouldn't pop shafts just turning?

Did I miss other fixes in the forum that may help with this problem?

https://imgur.com/a/koazXnj

Quote Originally Posted by C0ach78 View Post
    So I seen an ad with a nice looking Summit for $70, messaged the guy and went and bought it. Thing is in really good shape, the guy said he cannot stop it from breaking axles. So I come home and search the forum, seems like this has been a problem for a while. I looked at the part number of the spare shafts he gave me and they are the MERV shafts. I haven't ran the truck yet but wondered if this is still the go to fix for these things?

Also if we are running on a mix of pavement, dirt and grass should I change the diff fluid? I am pretty new to this but assumed maybe a lighter fluid would allow for more slippage (is the higher number fluid lighter?) in the diff so it wouldn't pop shafts just turning?

Did I miss other fixes in the forum that may help with this problem?

https://imgur.com/a/koazXnj
    One of the best ways to stop breaking axles is to loosen the slipper clutch ever so slightly so it can slip some. And then try to control throttle input so you are rolling into it and not just using it as an on/off switch.

There is a lot of power in these small motors, many take the road of buying better and better parts to compensate for it. To me it's better to just learn some control.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Donít handicap children by making life easy