Thread: Toe Links

Question Toe Links

So i bent a toe link on my 4x4 rustler and I'm wondering what kind of toe links are the most durable?

The stock ones are steel and that's what I bent but traxxas also has aluminum tubes and composites, what material is the best for toe links? Also are there any aftermarket brands that make a good cost-effective link?

RC Racer
    The most durable I’ve come across and use on all 4 of my 4 x 4 rustlers are Lunsford Turnbuckles.

https://www.amazon.com/Lunsford-Tita.../dp/B00LMJOIEW

As of today’s date, I have not broken one. A bit pricey but so worth it.

If you bent an aluminum one, using a plastic one will probably also break. But maybe you can try rpm?

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Less expensive option but still stronger than aluminum or plastic. Try threaded bar stock and a few nuts to threadlock in the middle so you can adjust them simply. You can buy it from most hardware shops and they will cut to size but don't get them cut to exact size go over and cut them down at home. They rarely have super accurate cutting methods. Might not be titanium but steel works great for bashing and you can get several for the same price of one aluminum.

RC Competitor
    I run the traxxas 6742, their plastic and flex a bit on big jumps. But I havent broke one yet and I run proline badlands which are some pretty big tires.
    Rustler 4x4 powered by MambaX

RC Racer
    FYI, Traxxas claims their aluminum linka are "stronger than titanium", well, cool and all, till u snap one clean off after a MINOR cartwheel through the neighbors yard. Hella-disappointed for such pricey POS's they really are. Also, becoming less and lesa of a an RPM "arms" fan
    , Sure theyre flexible, but they also seem to HOLD any deformation, like staying rather "twisted" after a hard hit, ie; the r.f. arm-front, points up to the sky at a moderately noticeable angle... And cause a whole **** of an alignment mess

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx4newb View Post
    FYI, Traxxas claims their aluminum linka are "stronger than titanium", well, cool and all, till u snap one clean off after a MINOR cartwheel through the neighbors yard. Hella-disappointed for such pricey POS's they really are. Also, becoming less and lesa of a an RPM "arms" fan
    , Sure theyre flexible, but they also seem to HOLD any deformation, like staying rather "twisted" after a hard hit, ie; the r.f. arm-front, points up to the sky at a moderately noticeable angle... And cause a whole **** of an alignment mess

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Traxxas' A-Arms >

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    The most durable I’ve come across and use on all 4 of my 4 x 4 rustlers are Lunsford Turnbuckles.

https://www.amazon.com/Lunsford-Tita.../dp/B00LMJOIEW

As of today’s date, I have not broken one. A bit pricey but so worth it.
    Where do you get the rest of the pieces to make these work? I'm not sure what to call them, the ball and socket type connections that screw onto the ends of these?