Thread: Big block Revo

RC poster

Big block Revo

I have found the secret to making these big blocks fit. My latest is the Dynamite mach 26. They make some roto drives off of Amazon that fit the rear bolt pattern of the Dynamite engines and even the LRP spec 4 32.
    If you use a roto plate drive, you don't have to hack up your A arm like with pull start models. Most of these engines use 32mm bolt centers. Since they don't make the late model Revo big block mount anymore, you have to get creative.

RC poster
    I just started doing my research for a bb project for my revo.
    And i fast founded out it will be a pain.
    i really wanted a bb swap with pull start. because i have the ez start system, and bump start just dont work for bashing.
    its a really shame that the new era v3 mount dont exist anymore. its the perfect mount.
    if just Traxxas make them it would be perfect. and if they charge like 100 euro for it no one will care.

I founded a LRP .28 for a good price. but no mount will work without idd cutting the a-arm what i never will do.

but for the roto start, will it work with all dynamite engines?
    worst case i will do that.

Please keep the language PG and do not bypass the filter!

-Carraig042
    Last edited by carraig042; 10-13-2020 at 11:13 AM.

RC poster
    The mach .26 and the big red are the same. It will also work on the lrp .32 spec 4 which means it will work on the lrp .28. Let me know and i will give you the part number for the rotostart.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dfriend23 View Post
    I just started doing my research for a bb project for my revo.
    And i fast founded out it will be a pain.
    i really wanted a bb swap with pull start. because i have the ez start system, and bump start just dont work for bashing.
    its a really shame that the new era v3 mount dont exist anymore. its the perfect mount.
    if just Traxxas make them it would be perfect. and if they charge like 100 euro for it no one will care.

I founded a LRP .28 for a good price. but no mount will work without idd cutting the a-arm what i never will do.

but for the roto start, will it work with all dynamite engines?
    worst case i will do that.

Please keep the language PG and do not bypass the filter!

-Carraig042
    I was fortunate having the foresight to keep my NE Leaner Mount when I sold my first revo off. I was frustrated with the suspension at the time and decided to try something else, but I kept the mount.

A guy on another forum borrowed the mount to make his own and gave me a prototype for letting him, so now I have two! I saw a few like his on ebay a few times, it was one piece whereas the NE one was 3 pieces, the cradle and the two arms for the engine to bolt to. Pretty sure I have his prototype in my BB revo at the moment. Might eventually put the other in my second revo when the 21TM in it dies... I won't spend the $300 on that engine again, but a mild 21 big block would work well.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    I still haven't found a new era mount.

So for now is my plan to buy a dynamite .19 engine and use it untill i find a mount for a normal price.

I still dont understand why no other company remakes it. I mailed traxxas about it but they only sended my a link to their own dated bb mount.

If I run across one, I'll try to remember to let you know.

The guy that runs this channel used to make them, could perhaps contact him to see if he has one laying around he'd part with: CkeithNitro

EDIT:
    Not sure why, but the forum keeps changing the url... so I just posted they channel name.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 11-04-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    If you do please lmk.

I found CkeithNitro on ebay. And pmed hij. But still no reply.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dfriend23 View Post
    If you do please lmk.

I found CkeithNitro on ebay. And pmed hij. But still no reply.
    I tried contacting him weeks ago, still no reply