RC poster

Missing bearing from factory?

Haven't tried to contact traxxas about it yet and not sure if it's even worth bothering with but wanted to ask you guys first.
    Since the first day I got my rustler 4x4 vxl a month or so ago I've noticed the front left tire seemed a tiny bit wobbly compared to the others anyway I put sledgehammer tires on it when I got them and almost immediately broke that front left driveshaft, upon taking it out to replace it I noticed the bearing that is supposed to fit between the steering knuckle and the driveshaft is missing, I don't see how it's possible for that to fall out or destroy itself.

Anyway just wondering if it's common to have certain things missing from the factory... thanks

I would say its pretty rare. No process is perfect so it is certainly possible.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I dont think its possible for it self destruct and not see any evidence of it doing so. I would say a bearing was forgot lol. Im not sure how they'd do that. Traxxas must not have people check things before they ship them? I feel like there would be a lot of wobble in that tire.

If it were me id contact traxxas amd explain what happened and im sure they'd be happy to help you. They're customer service is pretty good.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Honestly wasn't a ton of wobble but the wheel definitely felt more loose. And no evidence of it being destroyed just wondered even if it cracked in half or something it doesn't seem like it could possibly get out if it's housing with the drive shaft in place, I'll send them an email just to let them know, but don't want to bother them with any quality control issues or ask for anything free just make them aware for future production...
    Thanks all

RC Competitor
    Mine was missing the front right inner bearing. Didnt really notice till I broke a driveshaft and was repairing it.
    Rustler 4x4 powered by MambaX