RC poster

Stampede VXL Steering Issues

It' been a while since I've run my truck. I had to fix several items on the front end from a crash. Caster blocks and gears in the servo (the gear protruding from the servo sheered off).

Now when I run it, I adjust the trim to track straight. I will run straight for a bit and then start veering off.

I'm assuming there is a problem in the servo or the servo saver. Before I order new parts, am I headed in the right direction?

Let me know if I can provide more information.

thanks

Make sure that the rod ends on your steering turnbuckle/toe-link are not stripped.

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSize View Post
    It' been a while since I've run my truck. I had to fix several items on the front end from a crash. Caster blocks and gears in the servo (the gear protruding from the servo sheered off).
    Now when I run it, I adjust the trim to track straight. I will run straight for a bit and then start veering off.
    I'm assuming there is a problem in the servo or the servo saver. Before I order new parts, am I headed in the right direction?
    Let me know if I can provide more information. thanks
    Id assume the servo saver is suspect too. You hit something hard enough to damage the servo so...
    Also check your links. Are the balls loose? Are the rod ends bent or stripped as mentioned.
    When you change the servo saver, take the opportunity to verify the links are the same length.
    Center the servo and steering trim before putting it all back together...

RC Champion
    Both of these!

I’ve been usung one of these on my Stampede for years now and it’s taken everything I’ve thrown the truck at and come back for more!
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrou...kim121/p123005

I’m also using these on the servo saver end of the tie rods too, seems to eliminate a lot of the inherent bump steer.
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...-tra5355/p3380
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Thought I would reply with the resolution on this in case it comes up in another question. I was able to fix this, although I learned an important (costly? lesson).

I ordered a new servo and servo saver as I felt this issue had to be in those parts. Installing them did resolve the issue.

However, when I received the new servo saver, it came with 3 gear insert to adapt from the servo saver to the servo. I was missing that part when I fixed my old servo (installed new internal gears in that) and reattached to my servo saver. So, I may have been able to get away with just getting that gear adapter.

I still feel like my servo may have been unrepairable after that crash, so I'm glad to have a new one anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!