RC Competitor

My SLASH is a MAXX 3 lbs lighter

Just installed traxxas #6780 center diff with cast aluminum housing in the SLASH..it has a complete 540xl with 4s esc assuming it has TSM now..waiting on metal CVD's and she will be completely finished..the diff gear woke her up..SLASH wheelie machine.
    The HOSS rear bumper with wheelie bar works awesome

https://youtu.be/yvda8_Lozuk

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 10-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.

RC Racer
    I still say the 6780 diff is the best purchase I made for my slash 4x4. I pulled out the 1m oil and replaced with 60k though.

I bought the Hot Racing center diff just before 6780 came out. I could just about kick myself now.

RC Competitor
    I agree..after installing it in this I will get another one and install in the Hoss and put the Hoss diff in my Stampede
    Definitely a little louder but not enough to be bothersome.

Weighs in around 6 lbs with my MAXX weighing in at almost 10 lbs

Anything more than 4s not sure how you would keep the front wheels on the ground lol
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 10-08-2020 at 06:17 PM.

RC Champion
    Can you link the HOSS wheelie bar/ bumper
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Just finished everything up and am hoping to do a short video soon to show all the steps as the conversion was done in steps as the parts came in and I don't have a video yet showing the streamlined process..just videos showing a little bit at a time..with that said I can share some photos until I can get the video out.

As far as the Hoss bumper and wheelie bar they are a direct fit on the Slash 4x4 with the only modification needed on the Maxx body shell is a small cutout under the grille area..I will have to take a couple more pics to show the mods to the Hoss shock towers which are also a direct fit replacement on the Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    It may not be for everyone but my Slash was old and tired and the Hoss allowed me to update it's look..it's much cleaner and this is what I got rid of in the process..also in the pic below is the finished conversion sitting next to other Maxx's..now that I have 4s system installed I'm trying to see if I can get the Maxx led light kit to work with the Hoss bumpers..(still waiting on test parts)

RC Competitor
    I even paid homage to my original Slash with Slash rear decal that I was able to finesse on and stick to the Maxx contours on rear window and bed

RC Competitor
    Here's the rear bumper and wheelie bar installed with body on..no mods back here

RC Enthusiast
    [mention]radio uncontrol [/mention] does your front and rear body seats high? I would like also to try this Maxx body on my LCG but I also want the body to seat as low as possible. Would you mind take a picture of the front & rear mount under the body with the body mounted? I like to know how high the body seat. If itís challenging, side shot of the truck will be ok. I can try to visualize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by gaba View Post
    [mention]radio uncontrol [/mention] does your front and rear body seats high? I would like also to try this Maxx body on my LCG but I also want the body to seat as low as possible. Would you mind take a picture of the front & rear mount under the body with the body mounted? I like to know how high the body seat. If itís challenging, side shot of the truck will be ok. I can try to visualize.

Here are the only 2 side shots I have right now

RC Enthusiast
    Would u mind take 1 with the angle more level with the truck?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by gaba View Post
    Would u mind take 1 with the angle more level with the truck?

Sure..give me a couple hours..check back, I'll post that

RC Competitor
    Hope these help with what you are looking for...
    First two pics are front
    Last so pics are rear

RC Competitor
    Comparison to real Maxx
    Your results may vary on a lcg

RC Competitor
    Just remember, this is all in conjunction with Slash hcg chassis, Hoss front and rear shock towers, Hoss front and rear bumpers & wheelie bar and a Maxx body.
    Shocks post are set at near stock settings so you may be able to bring those measurements down a little with shock post positioning..
    The whole thing isn't that difficult to do, just have to spend the time gathering the parts and have the time to put them together

RC Competitor
    Here's the 4s system that is in it..I do not experience any 'lift' at high speed..body is fairly sleek compared to the bedsheet in the wind of the original Slash body..hi speed runs I have moved the bottom front shock posts to outward position giving the truck a front to rear rake..
    This setup with the 4S and the Sledgehammers on certain asphalt conditions can make this thing drift like nobody's business..so much so that sometimes I feel like I'm committing a felony!
    There's one for the Arrma guys

RC Racer
    That looks nice. Similar ground clearance and a little lower body, and its lighter. Its not a maxx imposter, its a maxx eater.
    How's the width compared to the maxx?
    If you ever lose interest in it, I'd gladly take it off your hands....
    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks Steve and a very sharp eye..all items you described are spot on..
    Really was only after having a clipless body but once I started wrenching it became the Frankenstein that it now is..
    Dimensions are very close, almost identical side to side on the chassis and 1" wider tire edge to tire edge on the Maxx.
    If the Slash has hex adapters to fit the Maxx tires instead of the Sledgehammers the Slash would be the same tire to tire width or a little more with the hex adapters added in.

Tire to tire Maxx 14"/ Slash 13"
    Chassis width Maxx 7.25"
    Chassis width Slash 7.25 (with rock sliders)

RC Competitor
    New shock springs are the only thing left.. everything else has been touched..just finished replacing front and rear diffs today and replaced all shock oils yesterday. Fedex arriving tomorrow with the extreme duty metal drive shafts Traxxas just released. After installing them on a Hoss they will synch well with this truck also. With 4S taking all precautions.

RC Enthusiast
    [mention]radio uncontrol [/mention] thank you and very much appreciate for your detail pictorial input. Are the shocks 16mm bore on the slash? Ever consider converting to LCG, Traxxas do sell the kit for that. It will greatly improve the handling. With this conversion, you pretty much have a full fleet to cover all terrains and driving style

RC Competitor
    No problem Gaba,
    Thanks for your interest in the project..
    Yes I do believe they are 16mm with a 4mm shaft..I have the same setup on my Stampede 4x4 (below)..was after the largest shock I could get at the time and these have almost no room to spare
    This Slash is so old the lcg version wasn't even available then.
    Take care, keep us updated on your endeavor

RC Enthusiast
    I believe the LCG kit do fit old slash as well. I have seen some members here done the conversion. https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts...21lowcgchassis
    Model#7421
    No problem at I will definitely post any update I done to my Ultimate. Currently bone stock with only cooling fans on the esc and motor. The stock vxl runs too hot on 3S and thatís the only packs I have.

RC Racer
    Nice work !
    The mixing of parts between the models is something I realy like.