RC poster

UDR light controls?

So searches, or at least MY searches, brought up nothing on how one might actually control the lights on the UDR. I noticed mention that they may have a low/high beam kind of function and if this is the case how do you go about it, well how do you go about activating the lights at all. The rear lights on my new UDR work fine, but the fronts aren't illuminated so either they aren't plugged in somewhere, there's something else wrong OR less likely there's a separate on/off switch for the front lights?

And is it possible without to much hurrah to replace the receiver/controller on an UDR without impacting how it drives to much? I prefer digital controllers where i can go in and tweak all my endpoints on the rather nice looking screen on the controller as there are a lot more tweaking options plus much easier then stock traxxas controllers with all the blinking nonsense, wait where was i in that sequence anyway? ah crap start over I'm hoping that the lights aren't directly controlled by the receiver or anything? As long as i can figure out how to get a controller to talk to the lights assuming that's even possible/necessary.
    Last edited by Veqlargh; 10-09-2020 at 12:54 AM.

So there is a little module (on/off button) that controls the light under the area of the front left fender. It's just a bit behind the left front wheel. It may take a while to find it, but once you find it, it isn't hard to remember the location. Also, if you don't like the blinking system that the TQi has, you can either switch to another radiosystem, or get the Bluetooth module that you can attach to the back of the transmitter and connect to your phone.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Thank you sir that would have taken me a while to find without stripping it down. Not sure why they can't have documentation on that somewhere particularly when it is sold on it out of the box like that. Can't wait to get this on some trails or something just tested it in the cul-de-sac and walking paths near the house and from initial feel i actually really like how it handles. I'll look into the Bluetooth module see if that'll give me SOME of the options i like in the Flysky FS-IT4S that i use on my Slash Ultimate.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Veqlargh View Post
    Thank you sir that would have taken me a while to find without stripping it down. Not sure why they can't have documentation on that somewhere particularly when it is sold on it out of the box like that. Can't wait to get this on some trails or something just tested it in the cul-de-sac and walking paths near the house and from initial feel i actually really like how it handles. I'll look into the Bluetooth module see if that'll give me SOME of the options i like in the Flysky FS-IT4S that i use on my Slash Ultimate.
    Too bad the new ones have the lights pre-installed or you would have known where it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the bluetooth, it is around $35, but the app is free. Once you have it installed, you can also get the live speed and motor temps and stuff like that. Steering endpoints and other settings are also pretty easy to access. However, if you plan on getting another controller, then don't get it. The Traxxas remote is a decent radio imo, but one thing that I really don't like about them is the sticky trigger they develop as it gets older.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.