RC Enthusiast

Reefs RAW 500 servo? UDR have enough voltage?

I just installed the RAW 500 steering servo but I donít feel itís any better than the Traxxas 400 (in fact less performance). Reefs claims there isnít enough voltage going to the servo? Any know the voltage coming out of the stock setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reefs RAW 500 should have 450 oz. of torque @6V (500 oz. @7.4V and 565 oz. @8.4V).

I think the Traxxas UDR supplies 6V out of the Rx.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBrakesSlash View Post
    I just installed the RAW 500 steering servo but I don’t feel it’s any better than the Traxxas 400 (in fact less performance). Reefs claims there isn’t enough voltage going to the servo? Any know the voltage coming out of the stock setup?
    Unfortunately at the moment Traxxas does not make a BEC for the UDR. I believe that the stock receiver voltage is sufficient for all of the high torque servos in Traxxas's lineup. I'm not sure if it would be easier for you to just use the Traxxas 400 or get a 3rd party BEC and wire it up to the RAW 500.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    The Reefs RAW 500 should have 450 oz. of torque @6V (500 oz. @7.4V and 565 oz. @8.4V).

I think the Traxxas UDR supplies 6V out of the Rx.
    I think so too, but the Reefs seems less strong than the Traxxas 400.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Unfortunately at the moment Traxxas does not make a BEC for the UDR. I believe that the stock receiver voltage is sufficient for all of the high torque servos in Traxxas's lineup. I'm not sure if it would be easier for you to just use the Traxxas 400 or get a 3rd party BEC and wire it up to the RAW 500.
    Iíve never wired up a BEC but may look it up.

RC Qualifier
    I installed a Savox 1256-TG which is faster and has almost double the torque over the stock steering servo at 6v.

I noticed no difference in performance. It might have to do with the TSM taking over certain aspects of the steering so that it feels pretty much the same, even with more torque and speed in the servo.