RC poster

uneven battery discharge

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question to see if someone can tell me why the batteries of my erevo do not discharge in the same way, there is one that discharges much more than the other and one always remains with much more charge, lipo batteries 3 s 5000mAh there is a lot of difference between one and the other when the car gives the low battery warning .. THANKS

RC Racer
    Batteries are made of cells, and sometimes they have manufacturing differences. Sounds like one cell is off. Do you balance charge your batteries every time?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    If every time I charge them I balance them the batteries are the same and the balance is perfect, I don't know why it happens, it could be due to the poor quality of the lipo or a problem with the car

RC Competitor
    Are they the same brand? Same age? Same amount of cycles? If one is older or used more than the other, they can discharge differently.

RC Racer
    After running the car, check the individual cell voltages. Maybe you will find that a cell is bad. It seems fairly unlikely that it's a car issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If it is the same battery each time that discharges more and it doesn't matter which side of the truck you install it in? If you don't know, mark the batteries so you know which one is which. If it is the same battery each time, regardless of installing on each side I would say that it's a weak battery.

RC Champion
    Could it be one pack is older than the other ?
    LiPo Battery Packs start deteriorating from first use
    Its a crap shoot gamble how long a pack will last

Use em up
    Last edited by CrazyXMAXX; 10-13-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    fabricator