Thread: Newbie

RC poster

Hello,
    First time poster and first time r/c owner. So on a whim I purchased a revo 3.3 nitro. Broke it in, now it only goes in reverse? Took the tranny out and everything seems fine. but the slipper looks toasted?? Any help would be appreciated Thank you.

J Uptown

RC poster
    Have you checked if the servo and its linkage that controls forward/reverse is functioning fine?

RC poster
    Just readjust slipper clutch. All it usually is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The slipper comes loose from factory. Mine came loose right after break in as well. Tighten it down to spec, but do not overtighten. Check that the reverse servo moves fully in both directions when flipping the switch, and that the Optidrive lights indicate correct operation, should be blue and green I believe, with one of them flashing intermittently when the truck isn't moving much. Hope this helps.

-Mike

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sebbris View Post
    Have you checked if the servo and its linkage that controls forward/reverse is functioning fine?
    Sebbris, yes the servo and linkage are working as should. Thank you.

Foxbryan, I'll try to adj. the slipper, but it looks beveled now(not flat) I've ordered a new kit. Thank you.

Mike, Thank you. I'll give it a shot, can I flip the disk over?? The servo's all function as designed, along with lighting yes blue and green.
    As started I've ordered a new slipper (HD) heck for $9.50 I bought two.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-12-2020 at 07:52 AM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction

RC Racer
    When you install the new slipper adjust it so it takes some force to turn the spur by hand when you lock the shaft. Can fine tune from there after you put it back in the truck.