RC Enthusiast

Painted my first body shell with my daughter. Great fun!

Hello,
    My Slash 4x4 body is finally toast so I was looking at getting a replacement. After originally discounting the idea of getting an unpainted one I decided that actually it would make a great project to do with the kids. They both have Stampede 4x4 XL5's.

My daughter chose the Proline Ford Raptor and I wanted something that would work with the Slash ARM bumper and mud guards. The best fit available in the UK at the time was the Proline Chevy Silverado. This also gave me the opportunity to get the Proline extended body mounts.

The kids worked on some designs and we started on my daughter's car. She wanted flames and chose metallic blue and gunmetal (Tamiya PS16 & PS 63).

I helped her cut out the window masking to get the black window trim and did most of the spraying but she did everything else. She was so chuffed with it and we had great fun!

RC Enthusiast
    And now that I'd had a practice run it was time to do mine!

I took some inspiration from the amazing Hemistorm. I was using the burnt orange, metallic blue and dark metallic blue. Silver and gun metal. I i use a matte clear coat over the window trim and truck bed on the outside of the shell. Really pleased with how it turned out. Wonder how long it will last!

Great looking rigs and props to your daughter!

Love seeing you work with your kids and promoting the hobby!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Squeegie, we had great fun! Only took her half an hour to get it muddy again though!

Beautiful looking trucks there.

Holy cow those look amazing. Great job.

I want to get a new body for my slash and do that too. The f150 raptor body is really sharp in my opinion

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Great job on both. And Chris would give you a too!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by daveychainsaw View Post
    Hello,
    My Slash 4x4 body is finally toast so I was looking at getting a replacement. After originally discounting the idea of getting an unpainted one I decided that actually it would make a great project to do with the kids. They both have Stampede 4x4 XL5's.

My daughter chose the Proline Ford Raptor and I wanted something that would work with the Slash ARM bumper and mud guards. The best fit available in the UK at the time was the Proline Chevy Silverado. This also gave me the opportunity to get the Proline extended body mounts.

The kids worked on some designs and we started on my daughter's car. She wanted flames and chose metallic blue and gunmetal (Tamiya PS16 & PS 63).

I helped her cut out the window masking to get the black window trim and did most of the spraying but she did everything else. She was so chuffed with it and we had great fun!

Awesome! What are you using instead of body clips???

Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    Awesome! What are you using instead of body clips???
    This also gave me the opportunity to get the Proline extended body mounts.
    There you go...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Champion
    Hello,

Can your daughter design my next paint job! Love the colour choice. Well done!!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Awesome job, they look great...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Holy cow those look amazing. Great job.

I want to get a new body for my slash and do that too. The f150 raptor body is really sharp in my opinion

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    I totally agree, makes the truck look so much better than the standard stampede.
    Thanks for the kind words.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Can your daughter design my next paint job! Love the colour choice. Well done!!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    No problem Thanks for the compliment!

That looks very good! My daughter and I have a body to paint for her. Since this is both of our first bodies to paint, I don't think it will be as sophisticated as yours.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Both of those look awesome! Good job
    Rustler 4x4 powered by MambaX