Thread: Esc question

RC Competitor

Esc question

Just bought a slightly used e revo vxl6s and it seems to be stuck in low voltage mode. Is this a big issue or should I not worry about it to much? Also being that it's my first 4x4 and obviously my first revo, are there any parts that you guys would recommend upgrading right away? And should I go with rpm parts or aluminum? I know aluminum is heavier but I feel like it would be stronger. Thanks guys
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Does the voltage light come on? Or car just slow

Make sure it's not in training mode.

Batteries charged up and good.

Car should wheelie on demand and tires ballooning if at wot.

There was a bad batch of esc a few months back which made the car stuck in training mode. Resolution was contacting Traxxas for warranty claim.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Esc just flashes red. Plugged in 2 brand new batteries fresh off the charger and the light on the esc flashes red. Also the little light on the receiver box also flashes. Thinking I'm just going to replace both and hope that works.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    Esc just flashes red. Plugged in 2 brand new batteries fresh off the charger and the light on the esc flashes red. Also the little light on the receiver box also flashes. Thinking I'm just going to replace both and hope that works.
    If the receive flashes red. Means the rx and tx are not bound. Which at that point the esc will flash red for the main light.

Rebind the rx and tx and make sure tx has good batteries.

RC Competitor
    Definitely going to try that. Thanks a lot. I'm still going to order another esc and receiver just in case. Never hurts to have a back up.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Esc can set ya back 50+ and rx 35$ unless u just want spares better to spend the time to figure out issue. But nothing wrong with throwing money at the problem if u got it. U will still have to bind the new rx as well.

A red blinking rx means no signal or binding from tx. And esc will normally flash red as well since it wants to make sure throttle is calibrated.

RC Competitor
    Thanks. Maybe you can help me with another question. How difficult is it to get the shocks off? I would like to replace the old shock oil and maybe get some stiffer springs. It feels a little to soft for my liking. Also if you could recommend a good stiff spring or post a link to them that would be appreciated as well.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn