Thread: Racing stampede

RC poster

Racing stampede

Hello Traxxas forums,

I am planning to race my stampede vxl 2wd this season at an indoor dirt track. The first race is in a couple weeks. The truck is moderately modified with aluminum front shocktower, casterblocks, steering knuckles, and front bulkhead. I am running a castle sidewinder 3 esc with the traxxas velenion 3500kv motor.
    proline trencher tires on 3s lipo. other than that the truck is completely stock. anyone have any tips I should know before racing? This will be my first ever real race. I've been to indoor tracks before on practice days but never to an actual race. Any tips are appreciated. Also I'm gonna be racing it in a mod stampede class and a novice class.

I think a great upgrade would be the Hot Racing Sealed differential. That way, it allows you to use diff oil, making it handle more consistently. If you didn't change out the tires, I strongly recommend you to do so. See what others are running at the track, and pick one that suits your driving style the best.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    I did some more asking yesterday and for the points season I will need to have some kind of puller style tire. such as proline mashers. The sealed diff is a good idea as well. I currently have Proline trenchers all the way around which i can run for the very first race because its not a benefits race.

RC Champion
    What kind of surfaces are you running on?

Might be worth looking at some version of the Badlands instead of the Trencher, Id also look at
    Lowering the body as much as you can using the adjustable mounts for the Monster Jam trucks.
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 10-13-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    It is a mix of hard packed dirt and clay