RC poster

traxxas link and lights

on the traxxas bronco can you run the traxxas light kit from the traxxas link app i see on the app it has lights on and off also high and low ...

RC Champion
    Of course, is a feature from the App Link.

RC poster

lights

can you tell me how it works on the bronco because it dose not hook up to the receiver

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by just for fun 2 View Post
    can you tell me how it works on the bronco because it dose not hook up to the receiver
    Of course, you need the Traxxas light kit with the amplifier, it need to plug in the XL5 ESC, and then, you need to go to the board gauge, here is the button for the lights.

As you see in this photo, there is the light button:

Here is a link with all the light kits corresponding with each model:

https://traxxas.com/landingpages/led-light-kits
    Last edited by Juanmacine; 10-18-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Of course, you need the Traxxas light kit with the amplifier, it need to plug in the XL5 ESC, and then, you need to go to the board gauge, here is the button for the lights.

As you see in this photo, there is the light button:
    I thought the light kit plugs into the JST plug on the XL5HV which has power all the time? How does the Traxxas app control turning the lights on & off? You need to use a jumper also to change light high/low settings. Maybe I'm missing something? How do you have yours hooked up?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I thought the light kit plugs into the JST plug on the XL5HV which has power all the time? How does the Traxxas app control turning the lights on & off? You need to use a jumper also to change light high/low settings. Maybe I'm missing something? How do you have yours hooked up?
    Traxxas has a light kit model 8030, with a control unit module, it can manage the lights. The connection is throught the RX, I read this in the instructions sheet.

Traxxas has a light kit model 8030, with a control unit module, it can manage the lights. The connection is throught the RX, I read this in the instructions sheet.
    Here is the install video from Traxxas:https://www.youtube.comLED/install.
    The connection to the RX (JST) is battery voltage at all times. I don't know where your reading in the instructions that the lights can be controlled. In the video it even shows manual control of the light bar.

In the description for Part#8030 the module you are talking about is only a voltage regulator (or power supply). I have not found anywhere that shows that the Traxxas app controls the lights on the TRX4's light kits.

In the research I've done the Traxxas App light switch only works with the High-Voltage Power Amplifier Part#6590 that plugs into a special port on the VXL-4s,6s,8s Esc's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Here is the install video from Traxxas:https://www.youtube.comLED/install.
    The connection to the RX (JST) is battery voltage at all times. I don't know where your reading in the instructions that the lights can be controlled. In the video it even shows manual control of the light bar.

In the description for Part#8030 the module you are talking about is only a voltage regulator (or power supply). I have not found anywhere that shows that the Traxxas app controls the lights on the TRX4's light kits.

In the research I've done the Traxxas App light switch only works with the High-Voltage Power Amplifier Part#6590 that plugs into a special port on the VXL-4s,6s,8s Esc's.
    I'm sorry, you're right, I'm confused thinking the module of 8030 kit and the Amplifier 6590 do the same functions.

RC Qualifier
    In summary, the light controls only work on vehicles like the UDR, XMAXX, and MAXX. I guess Traxxas thought of the idea after they developed the Trx-4 light kit. I had the same thought back when I first got my light kit for the Defender but after some research I was disappointed to figure out the latter.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    In summary, the light controls only work on vehicles like the UDR, XMAXX, and MAXX. I guess Traxxas thought of the idea after they developed the Trx-4 light kit. I had the same thought back when I first got my light kit for the Defender but after some research I was disappointed to figure out the latter.
    I did ask Traxxas Online Support and in fact, this feature only works with the vehicles you say, I think Traxxas must be develop a similar system for the TRX4 series.

RC Qualifier
    I did ask Traxxas Online Support and in fact, this feature only works with the vehicles you say, I think Traxxas must be develop a similar system for the TRX4 series.
    Definitely, the light module on the Trx-4 hooks up to the receiver so I don't see why it doesn't already work.

RC poster
    thank you ever one for the info it really helped

RC Champion
    You're welcome.

RC Qualifier
    No problem man, we are here to help.