RC Competitor

transmitter binding?

figured it out nevermind.
    Last edited by 95blackz26; 10-13-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Glad to hear it. Traxxas makes it pretty easy to do.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Glad to hear it. Traxxas makes it pretty easy to do.
    took a minute since it wouldn't take the first time but now i can use the one remote between the two. might change the transmitter/remote down the road as i'd like to change stuff without having to carry or use my phone during runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 95blackz26 View Post
    Might change the transmitter/remote down the road as I'd like to change stuff without having to carry or use my phone during runs.
    You may want to consider doing something like this.

The (left) Xmitter is what you use to be able to get from Traxxas. It doesn't have the Blue Tooth module. The one on the (right) is a new Traxxas TQi that has the module, and you can make your own phone mount for it like I did.

You make one this way too (bottom). I made this one when Traxxas stopped making the one in the 1st picture (left). Traxxas now offers a couple of different mounts for your phone, but not a bottom mount like they use to. Between the ones I made and the ones Traxxas now sells, I like the one I made in the 1st picture (right) the best. It shades the sun from your phone, so you can see it better.

The Traxxas part number for their mount is 6532 and it costs 15 bucks. Making the one that I like best (the bottom mount in the first picture, right) costs a buck. The two new Traxxas mounts and the top mount (above) I made are all a little awkward, but the bottom mount I made keeps your phone nicely tucked in and out of your way. It would be cool if Traxxas, someday, would offered their bottom mount again. It was definitely their best phone mount.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-01-2020 at 05:49 AM.

RC Competitor
    i finally bought the mount for the remote. i almost want to get an ipod touch just for this. turns out they are pretty cheap used.

I have to say, it is very handy having them.

RC Competitor
    i ended up buying a used ipod touch 7th gen. going to pick it up from the post office tomorrow. it will live on the remote. this way if something happens when i'm out running the truck i don't have to buy a new phone.