RC poster

Bashed the bajeezes out of the truck today!

Anyone else clean it by just spraying it with water and then following up with a brush and simple green followed by another rinse? Or are there better cleaning methods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just gently hose mine off after batteries are out and air dry flipping over once a Hour or so. It gets the big stuff off but doesn't get showroom clean...

I also make sure inside tire rim holes are covered with duct tape to keep water and grit out

Some like to hit with simple green then a hose... Or follow it up with air compressor ( needed if have hard water). Quick spray of wd40 to keep screws from rusting... There is a few posts talking about cleaning methods. Just depends on how clean u want it, and how much effort you want to put into it...

I just knock the big stuff off so my work bench doesn't become a pile of dirt on top of my pile of crap......

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I just gently hose mine off after batteries are out and air dry flipping over once a Hour or so. It gets the big stuff off but doesn't get showroom clean...

I also make sure inside tire rim holes are covered with duct tape to keep water and grit out

Some like to hit with simple green then a hose... Or follow it up with air compressor ( needed if have hard water). Quick spray of wd40 to keep screws from rusting... There is a few posts talking about cleaning methods. Just depends on how clean u want it, and how much effort you want to put into it...

I just knock the big stuff off so my work bench doesn't become a pile of dirt on top of my pile of crap......

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah definitely gotta keep the bench clean, otherwise it gets outta hand quick! Iíve been loving the simple green, Iíve been doing 50/50 with water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I clean with hard compressed air and a brush, when is heavy dirty, use a hard brush and the air too.

I usually don't bother to much with cleaning until the end of my season with my off road vehicles, because they're just going to get all grimmy again anyway. I found that if you let the mud dry, it will usually break off the next time you play.

I do clean up an area if I have to do some maintenance, though, but I try to keep maintenance and cleaning down to a minimum, and put that maintenance and cleaning time into fun time instead. (IMO) off-road vehicles are suppose to get and be reasonably dirty, and on-road vehicles are suppose to be half way reasonably clean.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    I clean with hard compressed air and a brush, when is heavy dirty, use a hard brush and the air too.
    What he said^. I do this after every session. These toys are too expensive to not take care of and it only takes a couple of minutes. I like it to look nice but hey to each his own.