RC Competitor

why isn't there an oversized inner bearing for the front.

ok so i had a few minutes and decided to clean and re-lube my axle carrier bearings.. now i'm sitting here going why didn't they do an oversized bearings for the front. isn't it going be subjected to the same abuse as the rear one.

RC Qualifier
    Prolly why RPM didnít bother with caster blocks or steering knuckles.

The stock ones are good enough and there is not enough demand.

Just marketing I am guessing.

I did break a steering knuckle but all my bearing are 3 years old now and still original.

I am not a hard core basher like some here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 95blackz26 View Post
    ok so i had a few minutes and decided to clean and re-lube my axle carrier bearings.. now i'm sitting here going why didn't they do an oversized bearings for the front. isn't it going be subjected to the same abuse as the rear one.
    I’m with you on this. Almost everytime I go out, I either bust a front knuckle or blow out the inner front bearing. I’m a hard-core basher so that’s part of the problem, but I would love to have an upgrade like the rear RPM carriers for the front.

I know they make an aluminum front knuckle with a triple bearing design, but hesitant to purchase at $140 a pop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITAVON-CNC...-/283987615362

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 95blackz26 View Post
    As you says, the front ones never get the same abuse of the rears.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    I’m with you on this. Almost everytime I go out, I either bust a front knuckle or blow out the inner front bearing. I’m a hard-core basher so that’s part of the problem, but I would love to have an upgrade like the rear RPM carriers for the front.

I know they make an aluminum front knuckle with a triple bearing design, but hesitant to purchase at $140 a pop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITAVON-CNC...-/283987615362
    that's my thing i bought it to bash and well to be honest beat on it like it owes me a years rent. when i first took it apart yesterday to get the outside bearing it almost looked like there wasn't an inside one.

i like those ones from the link. and they have another link with rear ones too. it looks like they did the same 3 bearing deal for the rears too.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITAVON-CNC....c101195.m1851