RC poster

Greetings. I come with a noob question regarding the Traxxas Link app, telemetry data

I am able to view telemetry data on the dashboard my Traxxas link app when running my E-Revo 2.0 VXL. This does not work when running my other Traxxas models. Is this a special property of the MXL-6s Electronic Speed Control in the E-Revo 2.0? Other models: Rustler (both drivetrains), mini E-Revo

I am pretty sure that the E Revo comes with a VXL-6s standard (the MXL-6s has been discontinued, unless it is a used truck). The reason that it only works with the VXL-6s is because it has sensors already built in it from factory (Temperature, RPM, Speed, etc). For other cars, they don't come equipped with it, so you will have to install the RPM sensors, GPS system, and the other sensors for you to get the full live data.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

If you have the MXL-6s esc you probably have a v1 erevo. V2 will have the vxl6s
    V2 will also have the clip less body.

To get motor temperature on v2 you have to get the temp sensor and mount.

Speed is only calculated based on spur , pinion and tire size ( only select Traxxas only tires available...)

Vxl6s will automatically give rpms, and esc temp.

I believe the telemetry expander module is required to use the trx gps module for speed data.

You can also use 3rd party addon gps to get speed but will have to stop car and check the device. If wanting speed runs this is probably best as will be more accurate and probably cheaper. I've never see any yt vids of speed runners using the trx gps module.

For the other models may need a newer rx, and esc may not send data. On my Merv I don't get any rpm data. As it needs a rpm sensor added on and special spur gear with magnet. Not sure if it gives me esc temp data. Motor temp needs sensor added ..

So other cars will need to have the different sensors added on to it to get data to show up on the link app.

I have a castle esc n motor on my rustler. Yet to look to see if it will send any info to my link app but I've never looked.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Acidic01; 10-15-2020 at 12:16 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I am pretty sure that the E Revo comes with a VXL-6s standard (the MXL-6s has been discontinued, unless it is a used truck). The reason that it only works with the VXL-6s is because it has sensors already built in it from factory (Temperature, RPM, Speed, etc). For other cars, they don't come equipped with it, so you will have to install the RPM sensors, GPS system, and the other sensors for you to get the full live data.
    Thank you. And so it goes...