RC poster

Castle 1415 motor

Hello. Would the cc 1415 motor (looks to be the same physical size as the stock 540xl) be an upgrade? They are both 2400kv but the castle is sensor capable. I ask this as I would like to stay the original 36mm can size and use the original clamp system that holds the 540xl motor. I read that if I go 40mm can size, the rear original clamp needs to go. And I like the fact that the original motor is secured both front and rear. For mad jumping av such. But I also drive around slow with my kids, so sensor would be beneficial ��

Could not find anyone who has done this before, other that 1515 size motors. (without the rear clamp)

Thomas

Edit: I do understand that I need a sensor esc aswell

RC poster

Castle 1415 motor

Works mint in mine on 4 or 6s, stock gearing, too much simply, canít find tires to handle it, not even SRCís. How can you not love that!
    Last edited by GomTonzalez; 10-20-2020 at 07:24 PM.

RC poster

Castle 1415 motor

Last edited by GomTonzalez; 10-20-2020 at 07:25 PM.

RC poster

Castle 1415 motor

Also have used the stock motor with an MMX on 4 and 6s, just as bada**z.

Last edited by GomTonzalez; 10-20-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added pics correctly

RC poster
    Nice, thank u for the reply. Nice trucks and nice setup. I did run the maxx on 6s for a while, using my trusty old MM2 esc. It's mental on stock gearing lol. But later put the esc in my 1/8 xray.
    Did u use the stock rear motor brace with the 1415? Little hard to tell from the pics.
    Thomas

RC poster
    I used the stock motor mount, but ground down the circle straps down to a short letter U until the motor sat flush, and then triple checked and got the mesh system to function as well. Never has stripped a gear, my 4s bashers have and this guy hasn’t. Love it. I did order a GPM Aluminum motor mount, and upper cover, I need something that Loctite will adhere to for the whole 2 motor mount bolts that cause havoc on the bottom. Will update upon completion!

RC poster
    Ah cool, looking forward to the update.