RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Where to discuss 1/16 Rally

Been liking the styling of this car. So I bought one on flea bay. Brushed, with the 550. So my plan is to put my Ruster VXL setup in it. Iíve got the aluminum links, hr arms, upper and lower coming, along with new skid plates and RX to tie into my Futaba gear. Mods feel free to move this.
    Hereís what I got

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154142554760

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    Moved this to the most appropriate sub-forum for you.
    Enjoy the new wheels!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks.
    Got the car for 105 plus shipping. Itís practically new, some dust and very fine dirt, not sand. Going through it one step at a time. Gonna have the 1/10 Vxl setup in it. So the center shaft and the cvís are being upgraded. Iím guessing the diffs will give out as well as the tranny gears. Iíve got the aluminum toe links installed, HR upper and lower arms going in, motors mated up to the plate. The spur is a Plastic, so Iíll go ahead and make that steel too. Any advice is appreciated.

Traxxas Marshal
    I've never been a fan of metal spur gears, as I'd rather have a plastic gear to act as the fail point vs more expensive driveline parts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I've never been a fan of metal spur gears, as I'd rather have a plastic gear to act as the fail point vs more expensive driveline parts.
    Iím just worried the 1/10 Vxl system will be too much for plastic. Got my diffs rebuilt with 500k fluid. Gpm steel centershaft. Traxxas cvds installed. Iím concerned with the diffs. I may end up buying a smaller motor. It had a 12t 550 though. I will day this was on near mint condition prior to the tear down. Jut some really fine grit dirt.

Traxxas Marshal
    It should be fine as long as you get the mesh right and aren't too harsh with the throttle control, IMHO.

Didn’t see this thread till now (and too late), but wouldn’t this be under this sub-forum?

https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisp...ymkhana-Fiesta
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Didnít see this thread till now (and too late), but wouldnít this be under this sub-forum?

https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisp...ymkhana-Fiesta
    Nice. Thanks. My build was moved to the boss sub forum if you wanna check it out. Knowing your builds, I think youíll like it.

I’ve seen your build. That’s why I said I was too late with mt response here.

Great build! I’ve been thinking about changing up my MERV one of these days. Your build is giving me some ideas...

Keep it up!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Where to discuss 1/16 Rally

So I was impressed with the car 30/45 on 2S. Quick not fast. I decided though to install the 32 tooth RRP pinion and give 3S a go. Itís raining. But inside I did donuts so fast the car flipped over. Also installed my metal 12mm hexes. This thing is unruly. But Iíve gotta either put compound on my tires or try others.
    Anyone want to let me know if these would fit properly. Offset seems to be 0 degrees.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143770945402