RC poster

Newly Purchased Maxx Presenting Challenges - Potentially Stuck ESC Button?

Hey,

I bought a Traxxas Maxx yesterday. I also bought paddle tires, as we just came to the beach. We've run into issues with Maxx working. We've connected the hobby shop and called Traxxas support multiple times. It seems like we fix one item then another problem pops up shortly after.

Things we have done so far, include multiple re-calibrations of the ESC. We also tried - based upon talking to Traxxas phone support - to link to controller and receiver I think (turned the remote off and held set then the remote light starts blinking red then you hold the ESC down untill it starts blinking), but that didn't work.

From our last phone call with the hobby shop, I'm wondering if the ESC button is stuck? Wondering if others have dealt with this challenge and have any advice.

So excited to have the new Maxx but bummed that I'm not able to drive it right now.

Thanks for any insights you can share and help me get back out shredding the sand with the Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    It's hard to give you a diagnosis when we don't know what the issue is, what seems to be the problem? Is the car not reacting to the remote inputs?
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Champion
    To bind the transmitter to the receiver
    Set transmitter to bind like above
    hold button on receiver when turning on Maxx
    fabricator

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    It's hard to give you a diagnosis when we don't know what the issue is, what seems to be the problem? Is the car not reacting to the remote inputs?

Thank you for replying, we have bought a new receiver but if you know what I should do about this and I could have the receiver we bought as a back up.

So I plug my fully charged 4s lipo in and turn the esc on it flashes green and the receiver has no light.the controller is soled green light.

RC Champion
    Take the receiver cover off

Does it bind?
    fabricator

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Take the receiver cover off

Does it bind?

yeah so i think what happened was that the receiver is dead.

I was wondering do yo know if you can spray the sand of the rc with water or will that break it. that might be what happened.

Sand is pretty much the worst thing ever to drive in. Super fun though! Last time my kids and I tried it I had to strip down all the trucks and clean everything out. Lots of new bearings too.

You should be able to gently rinse the truck if it's sandy or dirty. Don't use any pressure because it can blow past the seals on the electronics.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk