RC Enthusiast

Cool body suggestions?

Mkay, so i've made an offer to someone with a 4-tec vxl. I don't know if they accepted it but just in case i want to know what are some really good looking bodies that you guys have or that i can modify to fit on the 4-tec and give it a sweet look!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

THX

RC Qualifier
    I think that the Ford GT body looks really cool, other than that I have no idea.

Red: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8311R

Blue: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8311A

Grey: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8311X

Clear: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8311
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Any 190mm/200mm 1/10 touring car bodies will fit (with 257mm wheelbase). The 190/200mm is the width of the body, so you may need to change the offset of the wheels to make the body fit.

I have a body that I got from eBay. It's a Honda Civic Type R (FD-2):

The body also came with a polycarbonate wing, a polycarbonate diffuser, and polycarbonate light buckets. The wing looked a bit off, and the diffuser doesn't really fit well, so I only used the body and the decals it came with.

The side mirrors and the black rear spoiler I got separately from Amazon, and I secured the side mirrors on with hot glue (shoegoo would probably be better), and bolted the rear spoiler on with the hardware that was included with the spoiler.

The black part on the rear is actually just black cardstock paper. I used a pencil to draw some vents in the center, and used a hole puncher to make a hole on the right, so the muffler (metal led light bucket that came with the lights) can be held on.

The lights I used was just a cheap LED light set I got off of Amazon (around $10), and I removed the metal light buckets they came with, and mounted them in the polycarbonate light buckets that came with the body. The wires are a bit messy, but I used a bit of hot glue to sort them out:

The license plate and the "Type R" emblem stickers are self-made (regular printing paper, covered with tape, stuck on with double-sided tape), and everything else came with the body.

Also, I would like to say that use shoe goo instead of hot glue. Sometimes if the hot glue gets too hot, it melts the paint, and messes with the paint job (happened on one of the headlights)
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice, i'm actually planning to make this a drift car too and so that Honda civic body looks perfect as well as AWESOME!

RC Competitor
    I need to find a 1967 Mustang and a 1968 Charger, so I can reenact the chase scene from Bullitt!
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beavis View Post
    I need to find a 1967 Mustang and a 1968 Charger, so I can reenact the chase scene from Bullitt!
    The Mustang in that movie was a '68, but that would be fun!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    Pro-Line makes a 1968 Trans Am Mustang race car body.

It would look righteous in Highland Green.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.