Thread: E-Slayer

RC Enthusiast

E-Slayer

Iíve been thinking about doing a monster e-Slayer (turning my slayer into an e-Revo I guess) in the future because I want a reliable MT and I feel like electric is the way to go there and I have a few questions.
    -Is 4s enough or should I do 6s? Will 6s be more than the drivetrain can handle?
    -Should I buy an E-Revo chassis or is it worth making the slayer chassis work? If E-Revo chassis, can I use the slayer 2 speed tranny or will it not fit? I think the concept of a 2 speed electric sounds really cool, and it may help 4s feel like enough power, but then comes problems with braking and reverse. Maybe some way to eliminate the one way bearing in the slayer tranny?
    -if I go with an E-Revo transmission, do I need to change the rest of the drivetrain (diffs, driveshafts, axles, etc.)? If I need E-Revo axles, wonít I need the wider Revo a-arms?
    -should I go 2.8 or 3.8 tires?
    -Anything else Iím missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear2216 View Post
    I’ve been thinking about doing a monster e-Slayer (turning my slayer into an e-Revo I guess) in the future because I want a reliable MT and I feel like electric is the way to go there and I have a few questions.
    -Is 4s enough or should I do 6s? Will 6s be more than the drivetrain can handle?
    -Should I buy an E-Revo chassis or is it worth making the slayer chassis work? If E-Revo chassis, can I use the slayer 2 speed tranny or will it not fit? I think the concept of a 2 speed electric sounds really cool, and it may help 4s feel like enough power, but then comes problems with braking and reverse. Maybe some way to eliminate the one way bearing in the slayer tranny?
    -if I go with an E-Revo transmission, do I need to change the rest of the drivetrain (diffs, driveshafts, axles, etc.)? If I need E-Revo axles, won’t I need the wider Revo a-arms?
    -should I go 2.8 or 3.8 tires?
    -Anything else I’m missing?
    3.8 tires ONLY!