Thread: Motor/esc help

RC poster

Motor/esc help

Hi, I have a trx4 sport and was trying to put in a castle 4-pole 4600kv motor in it. I got it in the car and pulled the trigger to go forwards but it went backwards, when i tried to go backwards it went forwards. I'm pretty sure that I have everything plugged in the right spots. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the fact the the original engine is a reverse rotation motor but i'm not sure if thats the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

RC Racer
    You could reverse the A & C wire or do it the correct way and reverse the motor with either the castle link, programmer card or the b-link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is a brushless sensored don't reverse the wires! Doing so will fry the ESC, and possibly the motor. Only do that if the motor is unsensored. Reverse the motor direction using Castle Link, or a programming card.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Competitor
    you can also just flip the forward and reverse at the receiver

Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    you can also just flip the forward and reverse at the receiver
    Doing that can damage the ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    If it is a brushless sensored don't reverse the wires! Doing so will fry the ESC, and possibly the motor. Only do that if the motor is unsensored. Reverse the motor direction using Castle Link, or a programming card.
    The TRX4 is a reverse rotation system, the correct solution is what RCWilly said, with the Castlelink or programming card, reprogram the ESC for reverse rotation.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    changing the controller inputs would not damage the esc all your doing to swapping forward and reverse on the controller. its an easy work around if you do not have the programmer

Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    changing the controller inputs would not damage the esc all your doing to swapping forward and reverse on the controller. its an easy work around if you do not have the programmer
    Yes, that is a good idea if you don't have the Castle link or programming card (though either one is highly recommended for fine-tuning purposes). I think you have to program it using the LED blinks and things on the remote. Here is a video I found for that:

Edit: I also just realized that this is probably the best option, since as long as you are using the same radio, you don't have to reverse the motor every time you get a new ESC combo.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Champion
    Yes, that is a good idea if you don't have the Castle link or programming card (though either one is highly recommended for fine-tuning purposes). I think you have to program it using the LED blinks and things on the remote. Here is a video I found for that:

Edit: I also just realized that this is probably the best option, since as long as you are using the same radio, you don't have to reverse the motor every time you get a new ESC combo.
    Totally agree with this.