RC poster

Slash body preservation?

Any tips for not destroying bodies? I don't mind messing one up from flips and crashes, but I feel like mine get chewed up driving over bumpy ground fast and tires ballooning? Any tips to prevent this or is it just a design flaw that makes options like the Rustler that move the tires outside the body a little more attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKDaddy View Post
    Any tips for not destroying bodies? I don't mind messing one up from flips and crashes, but I feel like mine get chewed up driving over bumpy ground fast and tires ballooning? Any tips to prevent this or is it just a design flaw that makes options like the Rustler that move the tires outside the body a little more attractive?
    I use proline adjustable body mounts on my slash 2wd. I had to when i got the bigger tires. I think that's what you're looking for. This is the link to them.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline...087-00/p237048

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks, I guess the Badlands are a bit bigger than the stock tires. I bet these will work.

You can also spray the inside of the body work truck bed liner (just not too thick). It will add a minor amount of weight, bit will provide far greater disability. Lots of others have done this, and tend to be extremely pleased with the results. If you look at my custom-painted Baja Rey body, you'll notice what I'm talking about (the 'black' final coating).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    I have heard of people using drywall tape and shoe goo to add durability to a body.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    I have heard of people using drywall tape and shoe goo to add durability to a body.
    I've never heard of anyone using drywall tape. However, as for ShoeGoo, yes.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I've never heard of anyone using drywall tape. However, as for ShoeGoo, yes.

Many of us use drywall tape and shoe goo. I use the self adhesive drywall tape in the key areas that always crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhe Goo and drywall tape if the go-to solution for most. I also use aluminum foil tape and line where rubbing would happen (body posts, nerf bars and wheel wells).

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Shhe Goo and drywall tape if the go-to solution for most. I also use aluminum foil tape and line where rubbing would happen (body posts, nerf bars and wheel wells).

Good luck and have fun!
    Aluminum foil tape I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the "idea/duggestion", Squeegie (btw, luvin' the Vitavon wheels for the Baja Rey...you & Arthur did another outstanding job).

RC Qualifier
    Yep, alum tape for rub areas.
    Imo, spot reinforcements are better than all over coatings.
    There is a Lexan reinforcement panel that Scrorched Parts makes for the Slash body...

Squeegie (btw, luvin' the Vitavon wheels for the Baja Rey...you & Arthur did another outstanding job).
    ??? Not me. I’ve never purchased Vitavon parts for me rigs...

RC Racer
    I’ll third the aluminum tape underneath the body. It doesn’t stop flips and such from crushing, but it keeps the tires from rubbing for sure. I have almost my whole inner body covered in it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    The body still cracks, but the glue keeps it together. My body is almost in half, but stats together because of the glue.

Also, the aluminum tape helps a lot against tire rub.

Will be picking up some of that aluminum tape soon. Suggestions on where to buy? Home Depot? Lowe's? Auto parts store?

RC poster
    Normally you can get that tape at a hardware store. It's used mostly for HVAC ducting.

Will be picking up some of that aluminum tape soon. Suggestions on where to buy? Home Depot? Lowe's? Auto parts store?
    HVAC ducting tape (foil tape) can be found at Home Depot and other hardware stores.

Have fun!

HVAC ducting tape (foil tape) can be found at Home Depot and other hardware stores.

Have fun!
    Will do...and always try to (when I'm not allowing an FE propeller to almost chop off thumb). How to have an update on my Baja Rey build thread within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks, I guess the Badlands are a bit bigger than the stock tires. I bet these will work.
    Bigger tires will, obviously, increase the probability of rubbing the body. In addition to protecting the inside of the body by whatever means you choose (as a few suggestions have been given), considering the larger tire diameter, I would probably recommend going with calebs' recommendation of the Pro-Line adjustable body mounts, and mounting the body one...maybe two..."steps" higher. Doing so might expose some of the electronics/battery on the sides of the chassis, but this can be "corrected" through other means.

Last edited by Panther6834; 10-20-2020 at 12:34 PM.

I've never heard of anyone using drywall tape...
    Aluminum foil tape I wasn't aware of...
    Here you go:

Some people use the Shoe Goo and Drywall Tape over the entire inside of the body, and some just where the weak points on the body are. Do as you see fit...

Note: Use the Sho Goo outside unless you like the smell of it....

Have fun!

Here you go:
    Have fun!
    FANTASTIC...thanks for that YouTube link. Considering how much I paid for the custom paint job on the BR body, I'm thinking reinforcing in certain areas, and adding a lil summoning tape, could prove to be a very smart idea.