RC poster

X-Maxx and Dust cover - anyone using?

Hi.

I just bought the new X-Maxx 8s - this is my first Traxxas so iam looking forward trying out this brand

On my other RC i got a dustcover under the body, attached to the body with velcro, to avoid alot of sand, dust and stones to get to the motor ect - anyone using a dust cover on the x-maxx? the body dosnt seem to cover much of the internals -

So, are you using a dustcover? and are you having any difficulties/problems with heat?

RC Competitor
    I am using a cover for one of my Xmaxx's and it's cool it does work to keep out mostly everything but it can be kind of a hassle because I have battery straps on that oarticular model so it's like a of stuff to do to get going lol.

Domineazy
    Last edited by Double G; 10-21-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: language

RC Competitor
    i bought one since i bash a lot around where i live which is partially surrounded by a sand pit. it won't keep the water out but it kept the little bit of mud that ended up under the shell.

mine seems more like window screen material.

RC Competitor
    Hmm mines not so much a mesh but like a nylon fabric. I think it's like RR brand or something.

Domineazy

RC Qualifier
    I have the same question but about the E-revo, in you guys experience would It be best to have a dust cover. The body already does a pretty decent job of keeping the dust out and I don't want to spend a lot of money on my truck right now but part of me feels like if I want to retain the longevity of my car that I'm going to need something to keep the dust out of more sensitive components like the ESC and the shock shafts.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Competitor
    Have not installed yet on my 2.0 but I do have it on hand.

Domineazy

RC Champion
    I have one from Dusty Motors and works very well, easy access to batteries and good temps overall.

RC Racer
    I have one in the packaging yet. Thought it was too much of a hassle to access batteries. I won’t install it.

RC Qualifier
    I bought the Shock Socks from TBone Racing.

Love em.

I am too lazy to run a cover over the internals. I just blast it with my low power pressure washer. I just avoid blasting directly at the esc and wiring.

I bought an early 8S when they came out and have had normal wear issues. Couple of broken spurs and a cracked steering knuckle.

Itís a tough beast and requires little maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I'm done for the day, I just blow off the dust and dirt with my air compressor.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    When I'm done for the day, I just blow off the dust and dirt with my air compressor.
    Yeah, thats my plan too - i just have had some difficulties with my other truck, from an other brand, where sand entered the slipperclutch housing and ripped my pinion and spurgear...

As a general rule, I'd see if there was someway I could seal that area up, or make something that would do a better job rather than using a screened bag around all my electronics. I know that maybe easier said then done, but those bags usually cause heat problems unless the RC is being used gingerly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run a cover and fans. I also have a bigger motor, so I donít run into heat issues, and donít have the task of cleaning after each run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never have been a big fan of using a cover over my electronics. I know there's no right or wrong here, but I do try to be one with my mud and dirt. For the record, I say "Let the mud and dirt be free!"

RC Qualifier
    I've never have been a big fan of using a cover over my electronics. I know there's no right or wrong here, but I do try to be one with my mud and dirt. For the record, I say "Let the mud and dirt be free!"

Absolutely! What did that dirt ever do to deserve it's entrapment?
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

I don't know why some guys want to segregate mud and dirt from their trucks. Not me. I have a dream, that someday all God's grim will be judged, not by the color of it's grim, but only by it's density. Yes, I have a dream.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-24-2020 at 04:51 AM.

RC Champion

In my isle there are an "adaggio", "La mierda guarda el palo"