Thread: Slash Steering

RC poster

Slash Steering

Hi,
    I have a question about the slash 4x4 steering compared to the 2wd slash (This is my first car and my friends have 2wd slash).

Issue: Upon working on my steering bellcranks, I noticed the caster blocks to steering blocks are both stiff and hard to turn (when steering links are disconnected) for each tire compared to my friends 2wd slash.

Question: Is the slash 4wd connection between caster blocks and steering blocks supposed to be stiff compared to 2wd slash? (I have tekno rc driveshafts).

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

Try loosening the shoulder screws on the top and bottom of the steering block. Not much, just a nudge at a time and see if that helps.

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Hi Squeegie, thanks for the reply. The problem appears to be the bottom shoulder screws are tighter when inserted into the caster blocks causing the friction (without the steering block installed - the shouldered portion of the screw).

So I was wondering if the design of the 4wd is supposed to be like this compared to the 2wd. I only have 1 car so not a lot to compare to. Maybe it's fine I don't know....If it was stiff I figure I'd try to correct prior to damaging the servo. My servo isn't getting hot when I'm running though (socal desert).

RC Racer
    I had the same issue with my 4x4, I just put a bit of thread lock on the shoulder screw, tightened all the way down and backed it out until it was perfect

RC poster
    Hi, thanks for the info. I put some emory cloth on the shoulder bolts and added a drop of oil to the shoulder bolts and it seems to have fixed the problem of tight shoulder bolts. Maybe I got some thread block in there on the caster block and that tightened it up. Cheers,