X-Maxx Full Bearing Set

I found this set online...

https://www.fasteddybearings.com/tra...d-bearing-kit/

...and I know they're cheaper bearings but I was thinking, wouldn't it be easier to pay for cheap bearings rather than pay for all the lube and cleaning stuff people buy to maintain their bearings? So I wanted to get a general idea of what you guys prefer and do.

I had a Slash that I ran in water all the time, mud, etc. and the bearings and everything held up over the years I owned it. I ended up selling it and never cleaned the bearings once, and all worked fine, speed runs were always consistent. So when it comes to getting bearings soaked and not cleaning them and simply replacing them when they're shot, wouldn't these or cheap bearings in general be fine? Especially for bashing?

I think with anything, myself definitely included, we can go overboard with being too particular about something when the truth of the matter is, it really isn't that bad to begin with. ???

RC Qualifier

X-Maxx Full Bearing Set

I find the common sizes, order a 10 pack on line, and put them into a little tackle box with the dimensions on the lid.

I havenít actually worn out any bearings on the X yet, but I think did grab a set of Fast Eddyís to have on hand for emergencies.

But yea, Iím a run em till they get gritty then pitch em.

On major rebuilds with internal parts, I just throw new ones in if itís been a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I buy bearings in my local hardware shop, the price is affordable.

RC Racer
    Amazon has all the bearings in packs of 10. Buy the sizes you need.
    Last edited by Clubin; 10-21-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Sorry, I just realized the link I provided in my original post is for the 6S but the full bearing set for the 8S is here...

https://www.fasteddybearings.com/tra...d-bearing-kit/

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarzke View Post

I haven’t actually worn out any bearings on the X yet, but I think did grab a set of Fast Eddy’s to have on hand for emergencies.
    me personally i'm not actually buying the bearings because i killed my existing ones. it's so i can swap something in and then clean the ones i took out at a later time in case i don't want to spend the whole day taking the truck apart.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    AVID RC XMAXX BEARING KIT

https://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=1480&kitname=X-Maxx

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Metal Shield On One Side Of Bearing?

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    AVID RC XMAXX BEARING KIT

https://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=1480&kitname=X-Maxx

Thx rag6!

I noticed your link is for the X-Maxx ($33) but they also have a kit specifically for the X-Maxx 8S ($37) so just wanted to clarify this as I have the 8S.

So what do you guys make of this...
    When I was filling some bearings with grease, I noticed only one of two bearings (5106A 15x24x5 - that fit in the Carriers) had a side that has a metal shield (aka "Revolution" for AVID bearings) and the other side has a rubber shield. This was the only bearing like that from the 4 bearings in the carriers (front and rear) as these bearings have rubber shields on both sides). ??? At first, I thought I lost one of the rubber shields but maybe this was a misplaced bearing from the factory??? Take a look at the pic below...

Also, I was wondering what the "Revolution" was in the bearing options and found this video that recommends AVID bearings too...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkNveumUVLQ

I think I'd prefer rubber shields on both sides for the carriers, like the video suggested too...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    That's one reason I like avid. You get metal shield, or rubber seal or a mix, on every bearing in the kit.

On my 2wds, I used metal shield inside trans, revolutions at the carriers, diff outputs, and top shaft exit. I used full seals on bel-cranks and slipper bearings. I faced the seals towards the side the dirt enters. The more metal shields you have in the driveline, the less drag. When racing I didn't notice a difference in lap times, but I did notice slightly lower temps, allowing me to squeeze another tooth out of my gearing. After that, I started doing it with my bashers...

Ya can't polish fertilizer...