Thread: Questions

RC Racer

Questions

Hi guys,

I have a random question that popped into my head and a question to see if I can cut costs on a purchase.

1. Can the traxxas ez-peak plus charge other types of batteries? (different connectors)

2. Is there a Hobby Wing motor with comparable power to a Castle mamba monster 2 or X?

1. The Traxxas charger can charge non-Traxxas batteries with the same connector (if you have a different connector, you can probably just get an adapter). Just hold the start/stop and charge rate button down at the same time, and select the charge rate amperage using the charge rage select button. You also have to pop off or remove the little "dust cover" that has "Traxxas" written on it (it should be on the left of the charge plug).

2. I am not sure, but maybe someone else can tell you.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    I have a castle 2200kv in one of my 4x4ís
    And just brought a hobbywing 2200kv havenít fitted it yet so no real world compassion but Iím hoping itís very similar

1. Don't know I never use Traxxas batteries or chargers.

2. The Castle mamba monster 2 or X are not motors.

Guessing you want to know about ESCs actually. I don't think Hobbywing makes a MMX equivalent but the MAX8 or MAX6 might be in the ballpark.
    Last edited by zedorda; 10-21-2020 at 08:58 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    1. Don't know I never use Traxxas batteries or chargers.

2. The Castle mamba monster 2 or X are not motors.

Guessing you want to know about ESCs actually. I don't think Hobbywing makes a MMX equivalent but the MAX8 or MAX6 might be in the ballpark.
    Oh. Sorry I meant the 1515 2200kv motor. I guess I just unconsciously wrote mamba 2 and monster x because they come in bundles

RC Racer
    I got a hobbywing 2200kv motor and max8 combo

Yeah, their Max8 and 4074 2200kv should be comparable.

The MMX and MMv2 are both rated as 120A esc's, but can typically handle more than that. The MMX has the better BEC of the two. The max8 is 150A rated and the max6 is 160A rated. Both have pretty capable BEC's in them as well.

I have the max6 in my ERBEv2 and outcast 6s along with the arrma blx2050kv 4074 motors. So far has been a pretty potent setup for 6S running. Was contemplating getting a 4082 for my outcast since it would fit, but after removing the trencher 3.8's, my heat issues went away. Even then, it drove fine, just ran a bit warmer than I'd prefer. I run the 3.8 trenchers on my ERBEv2 though. It's a bit lighter of a vehicle than the outcast.

One thing I like about the hobbywing esc's is that you can program them using the fan port. So you don't have to disconnect the esc from the receiver to make adjustments.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post

The MMX and MMv2 are both rated as 120A esc's, but can typically handle more than that. The MMX has the better BEC of the two. The max8 is 150A rated and the max6 is 160A rated. Both have pretty capable BEC's in them as well.

I have the max6 in my ERBEv2 and outcast 6s along with the arrma blx2050kv 4074 motors. So far has been a pretty potent setup for 6S running. Was contemplating getting a 4082 for my outcast since it would fit, but after removing the trencher 3.8's, my heat issues went away. Even then, it drove fine, just ran a bit warmer than I'd prefer. I run the 3.8 trenchers on my ERBEv2 though. It's a bit lighter of a vehicle than the outcast.

One thing I like about the hobbywing esc's is that you can program them using the fan port. So you don't have to disconnect the esc from the receiver to make adjustments.
    Does it run well on 3s?

RC Racer

Hope so....starting to get excited now

Yes... I did get the program card, havenít used it yet but Iím excited about that to

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibl View Post
    Does it run well on 3s?
    It should. I run a BLX185 which is rebranded hobbywing that's a step down from the max8 with a 2200kv 4074 in my stampede 4x4 on 3S. Seems to do pretty good.

RC Racer
    It should. I run a BLX185 which is rebranded hobbywing that's a step down from the max8 with a 2200kv 4074 in my stampede 4x4 on 3S. Seems to do pretty good.
    What speeds so you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibl View Post
    What speeds so you get?
    I haven't checked it with a gps since I put in the 1/8th electronics, but it feels comparable in speed (if not a bit more) than when I did check speeds last which was low 40's.

I run 3S with 54/20 gearing.

RC Racer
    I have the vxl-3s system in my slash, so would it be worth it to utilize the traxxas power up program and buy the vxl 6s? it would be even cheaper than the max8 2200kv bundle pack. The motor is just a renamed castle 1515 2200kv motor.

RC Racer
    ??????????

Did you make a different post about this? You might get more answers with a new thread. I think i remember seeing somebody making a post about a 2200kv in a rustler. I think theres less space with the rustler but im not sure.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Calebs0615; 10-28-2020 at 09:16 AM.