RC Enthusiast

Erevo VXL Brushless - Aftermarket Body

Looking to buy an erevo VXL brushless. Not a fan of the body. Anybody have a list of aftermarket bodies that will fit?

If you switch the clipless body posts for the V1 posts, any of the bodies for the V1 will fit.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    If you switch the clipless body posts for the V1 posts, any of the bodies for the V1 will fit.
    Awesome! I did not know that. Big thank you!

Good luck with the search!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emaxx21 View Post
    Looking to buy an erevo VXL brushless. Not a fan of the body. Anybody have a list of aftermarket bodies that will fit?
    Here is a few bodies from Proline that look pretty cool, if you scroll down you can look at all of them.

https://www.prolineracing.com/1-8-monster-truck-bodies/

Right below the name of the body it tells you what models the body will fit.

I hope this helps!
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by emaxx21 View Post
    Awesome! I did not know that. Big thank you!
    That's what I did, I had a probodyrc body sitting on the shelf for mine when I converted it to a v2. Wasn't until recently that I changed it over, but I stuck with the clip type body posts from the v1.

Really like these bodies. Have one on my slampede 4x4 and outcast. If I drove my savage flux HP more, I'd get one for it, but it sits on the shelf.

http://probodyrc.ru/index.php?route=...product_id=130

Or ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unbreakable...e/202709239865

Stock bodies on my outcast, revo and stampede usually last about 6 months. I've had the one on my outcast the longest, it's OEM body was a lot thicker than any stock body I've ever had. I replaced it after about a year, but I had band-aided it with rivets, plastic pieces and tape for most of that year to keep it somewhat together.

This is the probodyrc body after almost a year of use on my outcast:

No cracks or tears. Only damage is wrinkles on the rear where it caught the ground or the wing mount gets smashed into and a couple holes where the shock towers pinched it on a roof slide/landing on concrete and ground a hole through it.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 10-22-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    I love the nitro revo bodies... but the clipless system is so strong and integrates into the chassis to add further protection. Proline also makes bodies that work with the clipless system

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirestarter View Post
    I love the nitro revo bodies... but the clipless system is so strong and integrates into the chassis to add further protection. Proline also makes bodies that work with the clipless system
    I dont like the look of the erevo body so I went and got a proline body I used the proline extended mount system. Body looks great, problem is that I ran my erevo for an hour today and the body is trashed. I think I maybe mistaken this body is really the weak point on my erevo. I wasn't beating it hard either. The body just ripped off of the pro-line screw post kit.

I'm going to use the shoe glue and dry wall tape this time (I bought a second pro-line body), to see if it holds up any better, I don't think it will. If anybody has any tips to make using a Proline Body more durable please let me know.

The clipless system is great, but I'm not a fan of the body/wing combo on the erevo. Really wish there was a truck body for the revo that could utilize the clipless system. Kind of a bummer as I was on the fence between the erevo and the maxx. I like the performance and the way the erevo handles, but I like the look of the Maxx, so I thought, buy the erevo and put a truck body on it, best of both worlds....

Super bummed

I'm not a huge fan of the super low slung body either. Doesn't leave much room for air movement under there. As it is, my probodyrc body gets banged up where the body is hitting the rear chassis brace and battery connectors as it has a big dip right there. Thinking about cutting part of it out, but I don't want to weaken it.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss