RC poster

5379x & 5678 constantly breaking

Hey guys, my friend has my old summit and he keeps breaking 5379x &5678. The summit has a stronger castle sensored brushless motor in it with alot more power. Was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions or help with how to prevent them from breaking?

Best thing I did was to shim the diffs and get better bearings. And run a slightly looser slipper clutch. I run a Tekin 2000kv on 5s with mudslingers and haven't broken diffs in a long time. The truck wasn't designed for the amount of power of a brushless setup. Especially if your trying to run 6s voltage without doing a little upgrade work. Running 4s would be the most reliable setup.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Best thing I did was to shim the diffs and get better bearings. And run a slightly looser slipper clutch. I run a Tekin 2000kv on 5s with mudslingers and haven't broken diffs in a long time. The truck wasn't designed for the amount of power of a brushless setup. Especially if your trying to run 6s voltage without doing a little upgrade work. Running 4s would be the most reliable setup.
    This is pretty much exactly what I would have suggested.avoid hi gear when the diffs are locked on surfaces that have good traction like pavement

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas makes a hardened steel ring gear tra5379R. He should also turn down punch control and what other guys said.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Traxxas makes a hardened steel ring gear tra5379R...
    Have you had the pleasure in testing them? I was thinking of getting them as a great addition for my summit when I get some more LEM goodies.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Have you had the pleasure in testing them? I was thinking of getting them as a great addition for my summit when I get some more LEM goodies.
    No havenít tried them yet.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

When LEM gets the aluminum housing with a larger pinion bearing to production, I think those gears plus the cup&spiders installed inside could be the ultimate Summit diff.

RC Qualifier
    Run it on 3s and exercise throttle control.

But NOBODY wants to hear that.

RC poster
    I agree with 3s I ran mine before on with hpi torq setup a few times and loved it. Just cogged a little too much for me so I went back to stock