RC poster

Odd behavior of TSM

I have a 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT (brushed) that when TSM is set to a low setting (say 5-10%), I get no steering when even the slightest amount of throttle is added. To better describe it, I can turn the wheels to full stop, left or right, and hold them there, but touching the throttle, even so little that the car doesn't move, results in the wheels going back to centered. Has anyone else observed this behavior? Can anyone confirm they don't see this behavior?

I spoke to Traxxas support, who were great, and they sent me a new receiver thinking that might fix it, but after replacing the receiver, I see the same behavior.

Thanks in advance,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKDaddy View Post
    I have a 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT (brushed) that when TSM is set to a low setting (say 5-10%), I get no steering when even the slightest amount of throttle is added. To better describe it, I can turn the wheels to full stop, left or right, and hold them there, but touching the throttle, even so little that the car doesn't move, results in the wheels going back to centered. Has anyone else observed this behavior? Can anyone confirm they don't see this behavior?

I spoke to Traxxas support, who were great, and they sent me a new receiver thinking that might fix it, but after replacing the receiver, I see the same behavior.

Thanks in advance,
    Does it drive well, like it's supposed to? For example, If you are driving around then turn does the car continue to turn while you are steering?
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Does it drive well, like it's supposed to? For example, If you are driving around then turn does the car continue to turn while you are steering?
    If the TSM is set to something in the 0 - 10% range, no, the car won't turn at all. If set to something higher, it will turn, but the TSM seems to fight with the user input.

RC Qualifier
    If the TSM is set to something in the 0 - 10% range, no, the car won't turn at all. If set to something higher, it will turn, but the TSM seems to fight with the user input.
    I really don't know, have you ever driven a vehicle with TSM before? Maybe it's acting like it should but you aren't used to it. My best advice is find someone that has driven a TSM vehicle before and let them drive yours, they might tell you that it is driving like it should. If I lived near you I'd be more than happy to help you, but alas I probably live across the country. You're best bet is to go to a hobby shop and let an employee drive it, they shouldn't charge you anything because why would they charge you for getting to drive your car?

Have you tried updating with the Traxxas link? Did you install a different servo? I had trouble with my electronics after an update before and after a new update it was fixed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Have you tried updating with the Traxxas link? Did you install a different servo? I had trouble with my electronics after an update before and after a new update it was fixed.
    That is a good point, software updates can sometimes fix these types of problems.

RC poster
    Thanks for all the thoughts.

Stock electronics including the servo. Link is up to date and I have TSM on my Slash 4x4 Ultimate and don't see this behavior there. It's the same using either transmitter.

Would someone else be willing to test it on there car? Set TSM really low but now off, turn the wheels and keep them turned, apply some throttle and see if the the wheels straighten out.

Thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for all the thoughts.

Stock electronics including the servo. Link is up to date and I have TSM on my Slash 4x4 Ultimate and don't see this behavior there. It's the same using either transmitter.

Would someone else be willing to test it on there car? Set TSM really low but now off, turn the wheels and keep them turned, apply some throttle and see if the the wheels straighten out.

Thanks in advance.
    I absolutely will when I get the chance, you'll have to wait until I get home as I am at school right now.

RC poster
    Thanks! No rush, I really appreciate it.