RC Enthusiast

Erevo VXL 2.0 or Maxx

I asked this in the erevo forum. Thought i'd ask here as well - Thanks in advance!

I used to have a Revo Nitro and an Emaxx. Sold them a while ago. Thinking about buying an Erevo or a Maxx for bashing.

I don't beat up my trucks that hard some small jumps, but mostly just off roading, ripping around in grass and dirt and parking lots. I'm not looking to take this RC skate parks and launch it.

I'm drawn to the Maxx because I hear it's really durable. From what I've been seeing It doesn't handle that well from what I can tell. It also seems like you really need to add the widemaxx kit (and the steel CVD's) and while doing that might as well add 17mm hubs etc...

I kind of feel like the erevo will handle like a champ and deal with the places I'll be driving it. My only concern is durability. I know all RC's break, it's part of the hobby, however minimal breaks are defiently a selling point in my mind.

What are your thoughts given what I have described?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emaxx21 View Post

I'm drawn to the Maxx because I hear it's really durable. From what I've been seeing It doesn't handle that well from what I can tell. It also seems like you really need to add the widemaxx kit (and the steel CVD's) and while doing that might as well add 17mm hubs etc...

What are your thoughts given what I have described?

I would get the maxx. Mine has those three upgrades installed and it is an awesome rc car! Very fast and durable. The maxx has been my favorite traxxas car I have ever owned.

RC Racer
    Maxx only needs one battery aswell which is a huge money saver.

RC Qualifier
    It's funny seeing the difference in responses between the post here and the one on the E-revo Brushless forum.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Racer
    There's no doubt the e revo will handle better. I always felt sad with my revo that it just wasnt a real "truggy". So close but yet so far. The maxx is a monster truck. And it excels at that as far as I'm concerned. It's cheaper to buy. Cheaper to run. More durable. Less complicated. Easier to work on. And there are upgrades you can do to make it handle better should you desire it at a later point.

RC Enthusiast
    You make a strong case for the Maxx.

RC Racer
    Seen this video?

Watch "E Revo 2.0 Or Wide Maxx" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/e5nM9gY5p2g

Most of the time people hit up different subforums and provide the same answers. Posting the same question in multiple places is not allowed per Traxxas so I'll have to shut this one down.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...shless-or-Maxx
    The Super Derecho