RC Enthusiast

Let the fun begin

Waited a long time to pick up a TRX4 and finally got the Blazer!! Did two short runs on it and immediately knew there will be many adventures with this rig. Of course I can never leave things stock so after many long hours of reading these and other forums I got some great tips and ideas. The castle Mamba x and 2850 where not on that list but it was a last minute thing lol. So here are my goodies. Now I just have to find the time to get busy on it.

Also got the Traxxas metal servo horn today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Crawling!

Looks like you've got some really good electronics
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Qualifier
    Just a heads up to hopefully prevent some frustration, sometimes when using the blue link, it doesn't send the info through. So if its not acting right, resend the settings again and it'll be good. Took me a while to realize what was going on the first time i used crawler/rockracer drag brake. Thought my reciever wasn't sending the right signal. Turns out the esc never changed. Ripped my truck apart before resending the settings. So remember that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Just a heads up to hopefully prevent some frustration, sometimes when using the blue link, it doesn't send the info through. So if its not acting right, resend the settings again and it'll be good. Took me a while to realize what was going on the first time i used crawler/rockracer drag brake. Thought my reciever wasn't sending the right signal. Turns out the esc never changed. Ripped my truck apart before resending the settings. So remember that.

Thanks for the heads up!! I will definitely keep that in mind. Does it give and indication that it went through or is pretty much, set it and hope it took it kinda thing?

RC Qualifier
    The app says it goes through. Maybe there's a light to indicate it worked on the esc, but I've never read the instructions. It only happened once so far, and I adjust it often. I've read others had that issue once in a while too. Seems to be a small percentage of people experience it, so probably won't happen to you.

RC Enthusiast
    Got the power HD Servo installed. Must say, nice clean fit. Also have the Traxxas metal servo horn on there as swell! Trying to decide if I want to install a aluminum motor mount before I do the power plant over.

RC Competitor
    the metal motor mount with a brushless is worth it my axe system twisted the mounts in a dozen runs

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The orange blazer is my fave trx4 body. Great choice!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    the metal motor mount with a brushless is worth it my axe system twisted the mounts in a dozen runs
    Really? I've had the stock mount with a HH puller pro on my TRX4 for almost 2 years now, it's just like new. I did have to change out the one on my TRX6 because I over torqued the screw in and it left a deep indent on the mount.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím running the same Castle system and have no issues with the stock mount.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The orange blazer is my fave trx4 body. Great choice!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Yea itís a great looking body. After the second mild run though the paint started to flake off. Traxxas is sending me a replacement. I just hope the paint problem is solved. From my understanding it has happened to others with the orange and white body.

They are back ordered from Traxxas so I am waiting patiently for the new one.

Thanks to everyone else for the input. I think I am going with an aluminum mount. This is going to be a slow build because Iím up early and back home late. Probably not going to do much until next weekend anyways. Maybe solder up my battery plug to the Esc.

Thanks again everyone!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyvale_R/C View Post
    Waited a long time to pick up a TRX4 and finally got the Blazer!! Did two short runs on it and immediately knew there will be many adventures with this rig. Of course I can never leave things stock so after many long hours of reading these and other forums I got some great tips and ideas. The castle Mamba x and 2850 where not on that list but it was a last minute thing lol. So here are my goodies. Now I just have to find the time to get busy on it.

Also got the Traxxas metal servo horn today.

Outstanding stuff, mate, very powerfull, wowwwww.