RC Qualifier

My 1/10 Fiesta ST sleeper

So I was bored and decided to build a sleeper that is also functional basher. That means all electronics are bolted down instead of relying on adhesive tape, and parts are picked for function rather than bling so no metal arms or bulkheads and such.

Upon first glance it looks like a regular brushed Fiesta ST with mediocre spec with a little bit different tires

But it’s not quite stock

It never made sense to me why “rally” cars are so bad at keeping debris out, so I used what I know about my last Rally VXL and got the v2 of the scorched rc inner fenders which is vastly improved over the original version. A little trimming later it fits like a glove

Some of the non-factory installed bits:
    Scorched RC inner fender 2.0
    MIP x duty driveshaft for Telluride/Rally ST front and rear
    Traxxas aluminum carriers and caster block, motor mount
    Traxxas 8760 center diff
    Traxxas GTR with VG racing springs
    Traxxas Slash ultimate sway bars
    XO1 diffs front and rear
    VG racing brace
    Mamba monster 2 esc with xt-90 connector. I chose it over the MMX because it mounts to the factory chassis with no modification using the xo-1 esc bracket
    UDR 2200 kv motor
    Savox 1258tg servo
    Proline street fighters tires
    Full adjustable turnbuckle/camber link swap
    Batteries I use for this are the SMC graphene v2(pink label) 5200mah 4s packs

One part I’m waiting on is the rpm a arms for Fiesta ST that no one other than factory has in stock so may have to order it directly.

Overall it drives as one would expect, lots of power, wheelie is moderated by the center diff, and the sway bars along with the tires allows the car to slide rather than roll even with full ride height.

Anyway, since rally cars are kinda out of fashion I hoped people give it a shot again.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 10-23-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Traxxas Marshal
    Looks great, nice built!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Great job!

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    It never made sense to me why “rally” cars are so bad at keeping debris out, so I used what I know about my last Rally VXL and got the v2 of the scorched rc inner fenders which is vastly improved over the original version. A little trimming later it fits like a glove
    Yeah, those are absolutely necessary. My brothers rally collects more debris than a vacuum in the desert. That's really the only reason why I don't care to drive it, because you have to use a 30 gallon air compressor just to clean it out.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks fellas, I love tweaking these cars and the ongoing part support makes this platform ecosystem unsurpassed in customization, something many companies have a lot to learn from. Tekno is the only other one that comes close to this

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Yeah, those are absolutely necessary. My brothers rally collects more debris than a vacuum in the desert. That's really the only reason why I don't care to drive it, because you have to use a 30 gallon air compressor just to clean it out.
    Yeah, it’s a pain

Also, do note that this is the same chassis as the 1/10 rally.