RC Enthusiast

Transmitters linking to other cars

I have a slash 4x4 ultimate and my wife has a rustler 4x4 vxl and twice now her transmitter has been linked to my slash when we power them on to use them. How do you stop this from happening. Itís pretty annoying to have to re-link them all the time.

Are you turning the controllers and vehicles on one at a time? If you do, the transmitter will stay linked with that vehicle.

What a mess that would create if a bunch of Traxxas owners got together to bash and each transmitter randomly linked to someone else's vehicle. They shouldn't be linking to each other unless they have been previously done so. Straight from the factory the tx and rx are linked and they know of no others unless introduced to each other.

I would take the recommendation of my friend above - turn one transmitter and receiver on at a time. Or erase the memories of each and relink the Slash to Slash and Rustler to Rustler.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    It has happened twice now and we had to re link each to each. I was putting my body on on the counter the other day and she was in the other room and all of a sudden mine holeshot off the counter when my transmitter was next to me

I would do a factory reset on the transmitters and re-bind the transmitters to only the one you want and that should fix it. Double G is right that they shouldn't connect unless someone went through the process of binding them.

Traxxas radio reset video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qcJUVCc5o

RC Enthusiast
    I went through that entire process with both of them and re bonded them and it still did it again on their own. Super weird.

That is very strange. Are you using or have the Blue Tooth module?

RC Enthusiast
    I have the Bluetooth transmitter but Iím not using it

Sorry it took a bit to get back to you. Reason I was asking is that can over-ride the transmitter when turned on. It has it's own memory. It would be a good idea also to delete the saved vehicles on the Traxxas Link app.