RC poster

E Revo 2.0 Drivecups

Hi, New to the community. My drive cups in the rear look worn. I noticed that there is a grub screw on the drivecup. Do i need to take out the whole rear differential to change the drivecup? Or is it possible to just loosen the screw and change out the drivecup with the differential still in the chassis?

Thanks!

RC Racer
    That grub screw is actually a through pin. Should be enough to remove the drive cup.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You can swap it but may need to loosen a pivot balls screw to get enough room to move it out of the car.

Most of us just swap it left to right and then front to bad. They get chewed up to easy to warrant replacement all the time and cost much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    If you are interested in the wear that they are accumulating then here is a thread that I started were I talked about the same problem.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...he-drive-train

There are replacement options if you don't want to have to worry about the wear on it but If I were you I would just rotate the drive cups when you think the time is right. It also helps to oil them for every run, This is what I do and it seems to reduce the rate of wear, you can use some sort of dry lube, or if you aren't driving off road then you can use some sort of oil. I wouldn't recommend using an oil when you are driving off road because the dirt will stick to the drive cup due to the oil and you could possibly increase wear. Dirt and especially sand are super abrasive and are terrible on bearings and other metal on metal parts.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Will take a look. I was looking for such an information.

Here is another thread where I added boots and small amount of grease to the drive cups.
    It looks promising as they run much much cooler.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...616-Dust-boots