Thread: Stampede help

RC poster

Stampede help

Just got my stampede back out after a year of sitting in my basement.
    Iím running a 3s lipo and a sidewinder3 ecu and motor and I turn it on and it donít connect and light up sometimes. And it connects sometimes but if I run it and hit a bump or something it disconnects and doesnít move.

Help please,
    Bobby

RC Enthusiast
    My best guess is a loose wire somewhere. By "it disconnects" do you mean the binding of the radio to the receiver or the esc to the battery or the motor to the ESC?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by srider72 View Post
    My best guess is a loose wire somewhere. By "it disconnects" do you mean the binding of the radio to the receiver or the esc to the battery or the motor to the ESC?
    It loses binding somewhere the esc lights up sometimes and Chirps when it connects and then sometimes it donít

Is that something I can fix or is it trashed

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbob1996 View Post
    It loses binding somewhere the esc lights up sometimes and Chirps when it connects and then sometimes it donít. Is that something I can fix or is it trashed
    Anything can be fixed.
    First thing is to look for damaged wires or plugs.
    New batteries for the radio if you havenít already...
    Antenna wire damaged?, particularly the end of the 2.4ghz model.
    You may end up having to swap out parts until you find the culprit.

If you have a local hobby shop nearby, you can go there to test out which part is causing the problem (if it isn't a connection error in the wiring).
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

I'd try unplugging/plugging everything into the receiver repeatedly. If it sat for a year, could be corrosion in the plugs that needs ground down. Or the switch on the esc itself, they aren't the most reliable.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

I would try unplugging everything and re-plugging everything back in. If that doesn't fix it, then id do what rcwilly suggested. If you don't have a spare motor, esc, or receiver, just bring it to your local shop and im sure they'd be happy to help you out. It sounds like its something simple. But you never know. It could also be bad solder joint too maybe.

When you find out i hope you let us know.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I would try unplugging everything and re-plugging everything back in. If that doesn't fix it, then id do what rcwilly suggested. If you don't have a spare motor, esc, or receiver, just bring it to your local shop and im sure they'd be happy to help you out. It sounds like its something simple. But you never know. It could also be bad solder joint too maybe.

When you find out i hope you let us know.

Well I wasnít really kind to the truck when I was using it Iíve sunk it and ripped into 2 piece ran over if and everything else. But the day it quit working and started acting up was when me and my buddy took out trucks to a BMX course and it was full of mud and water so Iím thinking I shorted something out but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbob1996 View Post
    Well I wasnít really kind to the truck when I was using it Iíve sunk it and ripped into 2 piece ran over if and everything else. But the day it quit working and started acting up was when me and my buddy took out trucks to a BMX course and it was full of mud and water so Iím thinking I shorted something out but idk.
    I guess that's what they're for really. But they do break and sometimes its a pain to find the problem.. As for your problem, it sounds to me like that's exactly what happened. You probably have a short somewhere.

Give it a really good cleaning, let it dry, and then look it over really well. Look at the 3 motor to esc wires, and the 3 smaller esc to receiver wires especially. The motor to esc wires are quite thick and have a nice coating around them, but that doesn't mean the coating in sealed anymore. Look for any nics or bare spots. If you use a bright flash light, the copper might glint a little in the light.

RC poster
    What should I clean it with and would the esc short out of the reciever is bad I know it wasn’t fully 100% water proof bc I found it was missing a screw.