RC poster

Is lipo cutoff secure? or do i need a low voltage buzzer?

Hi.

Iam using a buzzer on my other RC from another brand, but is traxxas low voltage 50% and cutoff secure to use without the buzzer?

RC Champion
    It is secure, the cut off system works well.

RC poster
    Cool, great, thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zzuppr View Post
    Cool, great, thanks
    You're welcome.

RC Enthusiast
    I use an SMC alarm on each battery.

RC Qualifier
    Hi.

Iam using a buzzer on my other RC from another brand, but is traxxas low voltage 50% and cutoff secure to use without the buzzer?
    Like Juanmacine said, it works very well. I believe there are two levels of low voltage protection, stage 1 LVC and stage 2 LVC. The first stage cuts your car to 50% throttle so you can drive back safely, then the second stage completely cuts off throttle. I say "believe" because I have never actually had my car go into LVC, I have driven my E-revo 2.0 on 6s for an hour and still not gotten low enough for LVC to kick in (that is with my car driving beside me as I walk, and occasionally opening up the throttle).

You can also get the Traxxas Bluetooth module and use the app to see your car's voltage. It will show you the batteries charge and you can set an alarm from there so if your batteries get below a certain voltage it will alert you through the app (you do have to have the app open though).
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Like Juanmacine said, it works very well. I believe there are two levels of low voltage protection, stage 1 LVC and stage 2 LVC. The first stage cuts your car to 50% throttle so you can drive back safely, then the second stage completely cuts off throttle. I say "believe" because I have never actually had my car go into LVC, I have driven my E-revo 2.0 on 6s for an hour and still not gotten low enough for LVC to kick in (that is with my car driving beside me as I walk, and occasionally opening up the throttle).

You can also get the Traxxas Bluetooth module and use the app to see your car's voltage. It will show you the batteries charge and you can set an alarm from there so if your batteries get below a certain voltage it will alert you through the app (you do have to have the app open though).
    You are correct.

On lvc stage 1 and 2. Stage 2 still gives you steering

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Like Juanmacine
    I have the bluetooth module, but i dont have the mount for my phone, so havnt accually checked if it works when iam not using traxxas plugs?

RC Qualifier
    I have the bluetooth module, but i dont have the mount for my phone, so havnt accually checked if it works when iam not using traxxas plugs?
    The battery connector doesn't matter, at least not in my experience.

I also don't have a phone mount so I never use Traxxas link either.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.