RC Enthusiast

Castle Motors Out of Stock for How Long?

I ordered a Castle 2400kv motor with a 5mm shaft combo with the Mamba X ESC about 1.5 months ago from Amain Hobbies. I called Amain a couple weeks ago and they had no idea when the motor combo in stock again to ship it to me. I called Castle about a month ago, and they told me the combos should be back in stock around the end of October. I haven't called them back lately to check again.

Is anyone else having the same problem with a Castle item you ordered being on backorder? Do you know when they should be back in stock? Why are the motors so far out of stock?

I have been watching Castle for the past year and a half. Their website has said that most items are backordered or out of stock for a long time. Then COVID hit, stay-at-home orders came out so people dusted off their RC's and purchased any remaining inventory which couldn't get replenished because of lack of parts coming from the Far East. So it does not surprise me. I've been looking at getting a Castle system at some point because I can get a discount and I already have their field card for another vehicle with Castle parts. But Hobbywing is looking more and more promising...

BUT... your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's. If Castle is not telling why their stock is so depleted I'm pretty sure that very, very few others will really know why.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Maybe the same factories that supply parts for the traxxas 2400kv motors are the ones for castle and the surge in 2400kv parts with the introduction of the Max and Hoss caught castle in the suppliers. Pure speculation of course but the fact that only 2400kv castle motor is in short supply at the same time traxxas introduced not one but two 2400 kv motor cars is no coincidence. There is no extended shortage of the 1515 or 1512 castle motors, for example, on Amain.

I know the traxxas 2400kv says made in Taiwan but Taiwan doesnít have the supply chain to source all the parts for a motor, most of the parts come from mainland China
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-27-2020 at 01:33 AM. Reason: language abuse

RC Enthusiast

Castle Motors Out of Stock for How Long?

Iíve been waiting for months on Mamba X 2400kv combo(Elsob highly recommended throughout this forums) from Amain without success. I tried globally, some shipping cost arm and leg, some asking for stupid money. I gave up waiting and needed quick solution to take care of the VXL hitting 150f in just 5min on 3S. I got the HW Max8 combo. 110f top 19/54 on 3S. Very happy with the temp. Only need to move the receiver box to the front, rest drop straight in. Enough yapping let see some b4 after shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gaba; 10-26-2020 at 07:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I got my set just over a year ago and right after I ordered they went on back order. Which was really upsetting because my motor was DOA and I had to send it in. Waited about 2 months to get it back because they replaced instead of repairing it.

I wish you luck on finding one in stock and getting it ordered.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Enthusiast
    Is this the one you got? Which KV motor did you get? How do you like it?

I called castle and the lady didn’t know when the 2400s will be in - she said “maybe sometime in the middle of November.” I’ve been waiting two months already.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...18334601281651

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I got this combo with 2200kv. Has lots of torque and top speed. I tried 19/50 gearing with constant full throttle for 2 packs 3S 4.5 50C back to back, hit 100f. I am very happy with the temp but it cannot pop wheelies on demand like Elsob YouTube with 3S even with punch level set to maximum. The Max8 is 173g more than CC Mamba X and I am not sure if I use higher C quality packs will make a difference. The battery voltage cannot hold when I squeeze the throttle. But thatís the only batteries I have and cannot prove it. Maybe later I will get some good quality 4S SMC Graphene V2 120C when my 3S coming to the end of its service. Right now i am very happy with this set up and can play with the gearing without worrying on the temperature.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...010400/p713299

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I've been watching CC for about a year now and I can't believe they're even still in business. How do you stay in business with such limited to no inventory? Unless maybe this is just a sideline and their real income money is somewhere else? Supply chains aside, if you have no product to sell you ain't making money. It really doesn't make much sense being such a good product and the high demand.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHog View Post
    I've been watching CC for about a year now and I can't believe they're even still in business. How do you stay in business with such limited to no inventory? Unless maybe this is just a sideline and their real income money is somewhere else? Supply chains aside, if you have no product to sell you ain't making money. It really doesn't make much sense being such a good product and the high demand.
    Go to a main, their CC stock is always good the MMx 2200 or 2650 combo are never more than a few weeks out. Plus they released their MM8s and XLX2, and a new 1717 motor this year alone. They are doing fine right now.

RC Enthusiast
    Amain is who I ordered the 2400 through. They told me they won’t have the motor back in stock until castle sends them more. It’s been almost two months.

RC poster
    I noticed the challenge of finding the 2400kv too. Therefore went a different route; went with the 2650kv (1512 can) / MMX combo. Running 20/50 gearing, no heat issues at all. Loving it.

RC Enthusiast
    After ordering the 2400kv combo on 9/22/20, I finally got an e-mail yesterday notifying me the item is being shipped! Almost a two month wait.

Now I get to order some new 5mm gears, and maybe I should replace the chasis, bearings, and hardware while I'm at it
    Last edited by Jay_Dee63; 11-18-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Amazon got mine perfectly on time, might want to order from them for now, I suspect LHS might not have cause usually cheaper to buy from factory.
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    Amazon got mine perfectly on time, might want to order from them for now, I suspect LHS might not have cause usually cheaper to buy from factory.
    I ordered from Amain Hobbies. They seemed to be the least expensive ($232.00 with a coupon with tax/shipping). The Castle Creations website has been out of stock all this time, also.

RC poster
    House, City, County, State, Country, Continent, Planet
    Maybe Castle sends their stuff to hobby shops instead of from them directly? Idrk.
    Castle has some stuff in stock but most of it isn't.
    Amain hobbies like some have said do have a good CC stock which is where I've been getting castle esc's from lately.

Though there is this one hobby shop in Arizona, they have 111 castle xlx's last time I checked.
    No wonder they're out of stock on castle. (Unless their numbers are wrong though I'm not sure)

Well now i know what you ordered, I got SW SCT 3800 combo, so ye... not two benjamins XD wait why does lower kv mean more expensive? ITs torque not speed, so magnet and stator should be smaller, I am so confused.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    Well now i know what you ordered, I got SW SCT 3800 combo, so ye... not two benjamins XD wait why does lower kv mean more expensive? ITs torque not speed, so magnet and stator should be smaller, I am so confused.
    Its not the kv, its the size of the motor. Look at the size then compare kv and prices. A castle 1410 3800kv is shorter then the 1415, but a little longer then the 1406. The 1515 is both wider and longer then the 1415. And so on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Its not the kv, its the size of the motor. Look at the size then compare kv and prices. A castle 1410 3800kv is shorter then the 1415, but a little longer then the 1406. The 1515 is both wider and longer then the 1415. And so on.

Ahh I see, thanks

Yes, the motor size is more relevant. The general trend is that lower kv motors are larger, and larger motors are more expensive (and provide more torque). kv is only related to the angular speed of the rotor (doesn't really have a correlation with torque). Larger motors require more materials to make (and provides more torque), which probably explains why they are more expensive.

Here's another example: Hobbywing has two XR8 ESC and 4300kv combos, and they are not the same. One has a 3652 motor size (52mm long can), and the other has a 3660 (60mm long can), and the 3652 is priced $10 lower than the 3660.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    Man all this talk about caslte being hard to find made me impulse buy one (1415 2400kv). Have nothing to put it in. Guess i gotta buy a rc car for it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Man all this talk about caslte being hard to find made me impulse buy one (1415 2400kv). Have nothing to put it in. Guess i gotta buy a rc car for it now...

Ahh yes, buying an RC car for the purpouse of putting a motor in it XD
    I can imagine the wife talk
    "Honey, I need a new car."
    "No. The garage is full already"
    "Well, actually, I already ordered a motor... I need a car to put it in"
    *enraged enderman screaming*

RC Qualifier
    Pretty much how it goes...

RC Qualifier
    They are back in stock. Get’em while you still can

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-...160-01/p578320

RC Competitor
    Darn it, they don't have the 1/8 inch combo .
    ꜱʟᴀꜱʜ 4x4 ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴠxʟ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    Darn it, they don't have the 1/8 inch combo .
    There you go, no excuses now

https://www.rcplanet.com/motors/brus...se010-0160-00/

RC Competitor
    Ooooh, nooo.

I don't really need that right now. Maybe in the summer, when it gets hotter. I remember that you were really helping me with temp issues, but it's cold enough where I live that it isn't as much of a problem now.
    ꜱʟᴀꜱʜ 4x4 ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴠxʟ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    Ooooh, nooo.

I don't really need that right now. Maybe in the summer, when it gets hotter. I remember that you were really helping me with temp issues, but it's cold enough where I live that it isn't as much of a problem now.
    I understand. Among enthusiasts the line between helpful and enabling is...nonexistent. Lol.