Had anyone tried these battery packs in a Merv?

My Gens Ace are starting to puff on me. Looking for a decent replacement. Was wondering if anyone has tried these in a Merv.
    https://www.amazon.com/Ovonic-1400mA.../dp/B07L6BNTDV

Sorry, but no I have not used these yet. I have looked at them several times but the price always turned me away. When it comes to batteries I don't like spending the least I can. I aim more for the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Sorry, but no I have not used these yet. I have looked at them several times but the price always turned me away. When it comes to batteries I don't like spending the least I can. I aim more for the middle of the pack.
    I was thinking the same thing. The reviews seem good, but they're so cheap I'm afraid to order one. I recently picked up an SMC 3s for my Rustler 4x4 VXL. Knock on wood, it seems like a good battery for the price so far. It doesn't look like they offer one for the Merv tho.

It depends on how many good reviews, I guess. If it has a bunch of positive reviews and has nearly 5 stars, I'd say it can't be too bad. I think the main reason that causes batteries to go bad or catch on fire is charging and discharging issues and not the type of manufacturer. Of course the type of manufacturer matters, but as long as the battery is made properly, there shouldn't be any issues assuming the battery is charged and discharged correctly.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    It depends on how many good reviews, I guess. If it has a bunch of positive reviews and has nearly 5 stars, I'd say it can't be too bad.
    It highly depends what you expect. First of all buying 5 star ratings is well known strategy to get people to buy stuff and be placed higher in search. Then many people are giving a rating close after they got it. It tells you nothing about long term usage. And the rating depends sometimes on the price. If you bought a battery for $20 which costs you $60 from brand name, then you donít expect much from this product. Your expectations are low and if this battery works for couple weeks/month, youíre ready to give 5 stars.

Long story short. 5 star rating is a good starting point. But if the price difference to the brand product is huge (like 50-90% off), then there must be some kind of difference in the manufacturing.

The quality of a battery is directly related to the quality of the materials used in its construction. So the quality of a battery is most represented by it cost. It has to be hard to believe they would forego profit to sell more units to such a degree.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use the 4S 1500mah in my quad. They are fine. In a small vehicle theyíll be good. Iíve had no issues with bad cells or poor construction. Iíve ordered a couple 2Sís for my new 1/16 Rally build, so that says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had really good luck with Zeee batteries.