RC poster

Rustler Drag Car Build

Iím new to RC and have jumped in with both feet. I am building a Rustler based drag car. I have what is supposed to be the correct kit, but when I was moving the electronics to the new frame, the receiver box doesnít seem to match up with the screw hole placement on the frame. A friend is doing the same conversation using a Slash. My question is, do the Rustler and Slash use different receivers? I have a brushed motor currently.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostryder63 View Post
    Iím new to RC and have jumped in with both feet. I am building a Rustler based drag car. I have what is supposed to be the correct kit, but when I was moving the electronics to the new frame, the receiver box doesnít seem to match up with the screw hole placement on the frame. A friend is doing the same conversation using a Slash. My question is, do the Rustler and Slash use different receivers? I have a brushed motor currently.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Sadly they do, the the Slash's receiver box has a tab that comes off of it which allows for cables to be routed out of the waterproof box, whereas the Rustler's receiver box has the cables routed out of the top as you can see below.

Slash

Rustler
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Thanks for the information.

If you are going to use the same a-arms, you may need to cut or sand the arms and bulkhead to make them fit properly. (The Rustler has the same arms as the Bandit):

Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    This may turn into a newbee how to thread, including the issues I had and what I did to solve them. The Rustler arms are too long to fit in the body I want to use. I went with the shortest arms I could find and had to install shorter axles as well. This narrowed the rear from 13.5 inches to 11.25 inches measured from the outside of the tires. I will post before and after pictures.