RC poster

Slayer to Slayer Pro?

Hi guys.....first time posting. I have an original Slayer that Iím considering either selling and buying a Slash 4x4 vxl or converting to a Slayer Pro. If I go the pro route, what parts do I need to change? I know the chassis, A-arms are required but what else am I missing? Finding parts for this thing is a pain so that is the reason Iím thinking Slash 4x4 vxl if I canít convert it. Thanks Iím advance!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenSlayer View Post
    Hi guys.....first time posting. I have an original Slayer that Iím considering either selling and buying a Slash 4x4 vxl or converting to a Slayer Pro. If I go the pro route, what parts do I need to change? I know the chassis, A-arms are required but what else am I missing? Finding parts for this thing is a pain so that is the reason Iím thinking Slash 4x4 vxl if I canít convert it. Thanks Iím advance!
    If you think of all the parts that need to be longer, axle drive shafts, suspension steering rods and camber links along with the chassis and a arms that could be a big outlay to convert but also a first generation Slayer might not have much value so the choice is yours.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I think it's best to leave the truck the way it is. The size of the new Slayer Pro is much bigger than the original, so you may be switching out enough parts to build almost another truck. At that point, I think it would make more sense to get a new Slayer Pro or a Slash 4x4.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    I kind of figured on these responses. Thanks guys, I’ll look to get the Slash, If I’m getting a new truck, I wanna go electric rather than nitro. Appreciate the replies

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I think it's best to leave the truck the way it is. The size of the new Slayer Pro is much bigger than the original, so you may be switching out enough parts to build almost another truck. At that point, I think it would make more sense to get a new Slayer Pro or a Slash 4x4.
    30mm longer and 26mm wider (a little over an inch in both directions) found in the chassis in front of the transmission and the ends of the arms.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/nitro/5907-2011

I kind of figured on these responses. Thanks guys, I’ll look to get the Slash, If I’m getting a new truck, I wanna go electric rather than nitro. Appreciate the replies
    You can download the exploded views of the original Slayer and the current model and find the difference in chassis, front center shaft, steering link, arms, turnbuckles and toe links. Everything else is the same.

Really there is not a lot different.
    The Super Derecho

...Finding parts for this thing is a pain...
    What parts are you looking for? I'm rebuilding mine and the body is the only thing that's hard to find. Traxxas even still sells the shorter A-arms.

RC poster
    Right now I added the sway arms, new dust boots and replaced a broken axle carrier and toe knuckles/push rods. My issue now is the car won’t turn so I’m stuck, another reason for thinking of converting or upgrading to a new truck. I replaced the batteries this morning on the servo box but still no turn to the right. Beyond frustrating.

Right now I added the sway arms, new dust boots and replaced a broken axle carrier and toe knuckles/push rods. My issue now is the car wonít turn so Iím stuck, another reason for thinking of converting or upgrading to a new truck. I replaced the batteries this morning on the servo box but still no turn to the right. Beyond frustrating.
    Check to see if you tightened the pivot ball cups in the carriers too tight. I only tighten them till excess play is gone, any tighter and it can cause slow,none steering.

Nothing wrong with upgrading to something different. If you want some help or advice, ask away. Many are willing to help you get back up running and enjoying it.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 10-31-2020 at 02:29 PM.

RC poster
    Hey thanks Grizzly03, i will try to adjust the pivot ball cups, i know i screwed them in pretty good so i will loosen them and see where it takes me. Thanks!

Should be an easy fix and it'll be back to normal in no time!