RC Competitor

Telemetry question

I wanna buy a transmitter and receiver with telemetry functions. I can't seem to find one that mentions it measures speed. Just rpm, voltage, etc. Can someone point me in the right direction of a combo I can buy that has the speed as well as the other functions?
    Thanks!

Traxxas Marshal
    I thought that the link app calculates speed by factoring in the RPM and tire size? (I've never personally used it.)
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    My App/Module did NOT show speed without buying into the Telemetry Expander 2.0/GPS module 2.0 combo. I believe only the E revo, slash ultimate (maybe), maxx, xmaxx, and xo-1 ESC's can calculate speed from RPM?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I thought that the link app calculates speed by factoring in the RPM and tire size? (I've never personally used it.)
    I believe you are right, there is a gear cover with a sensor that needs a matching spur gear that will measure the spur gear rpm. Then you would factor the spur gear and tire diameter to arrive at the ratio to enter into the app to set up the speed. Either that or buy the very expensive gps module and expander. Maybe the spur gear size doesn't matter, all this info should be available on the traxxas website.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk