RC Racer

Stampede to slash conversion?

Hey guys. Does anyone know if the stampede and slash share the same front and rear bulkheads? I'm wondering if i can just get a slash chassis, bumpers and skid plates and switch it all over. Sick of rolling this thing over all day long.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
    Hey guys. Does anyone know if the stampede and slash share the same front and rear bulkheads? I'm wondering if i can just get a slash chassis, bumpers and skid plates and switch it all over. Sick of rolling this thing over all day long.
    Front and rear ends are a direct bolt on. Although the rear arms are longer, but will work.
    I actually prefer the Slash with Stampede rear arms. You can use the Pede tires.
    If you want SC tires, you can always put Slash arms on the rear...
    Add Slash steering links to your list and I think thatís it...

RC Racer
    So all i ended up doing was buying an lcg slash conversion kit. Along with the slash 4x4 steering bellcrank/servo saver setup. Swapped over the front and rear and that was it!

I thought my trans was a bit sloppy so i pulled it all apart to check. The thing is at least 12 years old and to my surprise it was still fine. Bearings were good and no teeth missing on any gears. While i had it apart i thought i might experiment with diff fluids but realised that its not a sealed unit. So to compromise i added some 1 million weight fluid in there. I figured it was thick enough to not ooze out right away. Time will tell if thats true or not but first run afted adding it i was very happy with how it handled. Not too keen on wode open diffs for any kind of running.

My brushed system was on its last legs so i installed a castle 3800kv 1410 motor that i had and my sidewinder 8th ESC. Overkill esc i know but its what I had

I also had an old jato spur gear laying around so I installed that for the 32p gears. Gearing is set at 54/17 and on 2s i think its a really good balance of speed and torque.

Overall I'm super happy with how this drives compared to how it was as a stampede!

Got my offset all messed up since i have wide rpm arms on the rear and stock stampede fronts. Plus my wheels are all the same offset so that doesnt help.

Any advice or ideas on what else i should do?

Check out a couple photos.

RC Racer
    I think ill get a baja bug body for it. I like those open wheel ones. Other than that new proline one are there any other open wheel bodies that people use and like?

RC Racer
    Got my offset all messed up since i have wide rpm arms on the rear and stock stampede fronts. Plus my wheels are all the same offset so that doesnt help.

Any advice or ideas on what else i should do?
    RPM makes wide front arms for the traxxas slash that allow you to use the same offset all around.

RC Racer
    I think ill get a baja bug body for it. I like those open wheel ones. Other than that new proline one are there any other open wheel bodies that people use and like?
    JConcepts makes a BAJR body and UTV body, and ford raptor SVT body. Proline also makes a Jeep Gladiator body.

RC Racer
    I found a pair of stock rear offset wheels so I put them on and its already way better.

Also, i found these cheap bug bodies on amazon. Might try one of those since no matter what body you get they get destroyed pretty quick.

RC Racer
    I found a pair of stock rear offset wheels so I put them on and its already way better.

Also, i found these cheap bug bodies on amazon. Might try one of those since no matter what body you get they get destroyed pretty quick.
    You can make bodies last a lot longer by using shoe goo and drywall tape.

Sir, the slash is quite tippy as well, so not sure if that's the best option, but if you put the right shock setup for you, you should be fine
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes