RC Enthusiast

Stock A-arms vs rpm A-arms

Broke my first one. Wondering what is stronger, stock or rpm?

RC Enthusiast
    Rpm more durable and pliable when you hit something itíll bend instead of snap or break. Plus lifetime warranty from rpm on any of there products and color options like traxxas offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whole RPM does bend more, some have found them to be TOO flexible. Personally, for mostly flat usage (ie. not "jumping like a madman"), I prefer the Traxxas Heavy Duty.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RPM stuff are great for heavy abuse, but if you have never broken the stock ones yet, keep the stock ones or get the Traxxas heavy-duty ones, since they hold their shape better.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

I just switched over to the traxxas HD cold weather arms. They seem to flex a bit more than stock arms, but not as much as RPM. RPM arms tend to bow and stay bowed. They also don't let your suspension (shocks/sway bars) do what they are supposed to do because the arms give so much.

This was on my stampede 4x4 by the way, but I think the rustler 4x4, slash 4x4 and stampede 4x4 all use the same arms/c-hubs/axle carriers.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas HD are better than rpm tbh and smooth finish so can be cleaned easy

I bought my first rpm parts and they don't live up to the hype. Rpm flex way too much, and the screws dont feel tight when your installing them. Im sure some hard bashing will pull the screws right through the plastic.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I bought my first rpm parts and they don't live up to the hype. Rpm flex way too much, and the screws dont feel tight when your installing them. Im sure some hard bashing will pull the screws right through the plastic.

I liked their arms/carriers for the revo's, but not so much for the stampede. The arms for the jato aren't too bad either, I think they are a bit thicker/more material. I also run them on my outcast 6S.

I had them on my savage, but with a single shock setup, on a big jump/landing, they would twist since the shock was on the far edge of the front or rear of the arm. They would twist so far that they would snap shock ends. I was breaking at least one every time I drove the truck. Then I replaced them with stock HPI arms and haven't busted a shock end since. I've broken one arm, but that's it over the course of a summer when I drove it a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Yeah im happy with my rear carriers for my rustler. But i tried carriers and casters for the front and they were so snug my servo wouldnt recenter. It would eventually but it was terribly slow.