Exclamation Sidewinder SCT 3800Kv Motor + VXL 3s + 1s? 7-cell 3k-mah Hump= BATTERY OVERHEATING?

So. Went to the skatepark with my new setup, (Yes the connectors are right, I had a Reaktor in there before the Castle) And when I pulled the batt. holder off, I had a pretty annoying burn. Amb. temp was probably 90 deg, and batt. temp was probably 120-130+ (held 0.5-1.5 secs before pain) battery was sitting for 2-3 moths between the death of the reaktor motor and the installation of the Castle. The first run with the castle motor had normal temps, so I'm not sure what changed. Idk what series/voltage my 3000mAh battery is, so maybe that's the issue? IDK if this is just my system or just the ESC is drawing too much power? So this morning, I did a much lighter run, and the temp was about the same. I'm charging it RN, so I'll do a run in training mode, post a comment with exact temp. Dual Ez-peak charger, BTW. Just thought whether it's just me or a universal issue, it would be good to get it out there.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Nimh packs have much higher internal resistance compared to lipos. The castle motor is hungry for electrons, and the 7cell hump pack cant get them out fast enough. Be careful, nimh cells can pop violently when pushing them past their limit.

You really should run a lipo. 5000 mAh 50c is a great place to start.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Yep, getting a lipo soon, i was just too scared of getting one as this is m first Traxxas truck. (Had 1/16th buggy on a cheap lipo, WLtoys) Also, do you know how to identify the Series of my batt? It's not on the package, the newer 5k mah one has Series-5 on the top of the box and on the battery as well IIRC (It got too damaged, the battery holder broke :l )
    Also yay for overpaying on batteries... I paid 60 bucks for that thing and it was supposed to be like 40 at most.

Here are temps after charging (front being closer to the connector)
    Top cell; 107F
    Front left; 112F
    Front Right; 110F
    Mid Left; 107F
    Mid Right; 109F
    Rear Left; 98F
    Rear Right; 97F

These seem normal, going to let it cool down a bit and head to the skatepark later.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I had a 4k trx nimh that I THINK said series 4. I'm guessing it would be series 3 for the 3000 mAh

Not sure on those temps. Been a long time since nimh. I know my lipos don't get warm on a 2c charge.

Seems logical. Thanks :P

*Realizes i should include slash 4x4*

Ok, Just did another run and charge;
    Training mode had no effect, the battery got just as hot. I don't remember post-run temps from yesterday, but basically the same as today, and the top (hump) cell was at 128 f on a COOL day. So two possibilities; one, I'm just a noob and asking too much out of this battery with the Castle motor, or two, the ESC/battery is having an issue with resistance. ESC might be drawing too much power for the top speed, or the battery has a lot of resistance in it already and it needs to be replaced. Also, this is the original battery so it's abotu a year and a half old. (Same use my car had for about a year before I got the 5s NimH.) Going to LHS soon to get it checked, anyone who might see this, think it's safe to run till then?

Another thought I just had; I have the Talon XT tires on there, significantly heavier than stocks. Worn down (slick) Stocks are 4.5oz, 1 single run of use Mud Terrain T/A's are 4.3. I was using the TA's at the skatepark, so I don't think that was weight, but i was asking more in terms of acceleration.

Also I like how I'm ranting on my own here. This can't be healthy.

Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes, only that it does.

Ok so did a run, battery was significantly cooler with the stock slick-ed tires. Might be the acceleration and the ESC just draws maximum out of battery to get full-throttle torque IIRC. Anyone know if you can adjust that setting (Like with my castle ESC that i haven't isntalled) but with VXL-3s?

Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes, only that it does.